Dealer won’t sell and ship

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can’t find a local dealer that still has an allotment? If you could I bet you they’re willing to deal. Ordered exactly as you want it. I think the order books close in a week or two.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was speaking with the GM of a Mercedes Benz dealership the other day, he was telling me about their latest encounter with fraud and identity theft. Someone with fake docs purchased a car in CA and came to AZ to trade it in on another car the following week, got away with it, then tried to trade the AZ car in at another dealer in CA a week later. I’m not sure what the endgame was, but the point is that dealers have to be careful these days.

I drove out of state for three of my last six car purchases. If you want the truck just make the drive. I’d be hesitant to use a transporter as I’ve had poor experiences with them.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I think I read most of the posts on this thread

12 hours? Only 12 hours? Holy dog poop, Batman. I’m friggin old and I can drive 12 hours. In fact in dog years I’m long dead. I’m older that dirt.

I found a Macan Turbo I wanted. I live in NY. I drove to Jackson, Mississippi to get it. Spent a lovely night in Nash Vegas on the way.

heck, I’d drive to Texas if I found something I wanted. What’s the big deal?

in this life, time is about the only commodity you’ve got. Get off your high horse and take a road trip.

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my French, but stop being a you know what and go get your truck. Don’t be scared of the flu, go fly, go enjoy your drive for 12 hours in the best truck you’ll ever buy, and perhaps see things you’ve never seen before. I bought my 2017 AG raptor brand new sight unseen in Minnesota for sticker. At the time in Southern California, they were selling for 15 to 20 grand over. Made the deal over the phone, flew to Minnesota, and spent 10 days driving back stopping every chance I could. I love finding excuses to drive long distances and being able to see America. Buying a truck out of state is a fun way to do it.

I’m sure flying experiences change and are different for everybody, but where I live in orange county California, I’ve flown out of my local airport, John Wayne, to Portland, Austin, New Orleans, and Rhode Island, all in the last 45 days, and it’s been the greatest most amazing flying experiences I’ve ever had. Planes are empty, no ****** passengers expecting the world, and all the attendants are delightful. No, I didn’t wear a mask, because it BS, and Alaska Airlines only “recommend”, not require.

Lastly, I just sold my 17 avalanche grey three weeks ago, purchased a 2020 F350 crew cab long bed sight unseen 954 miles away at Westfield Ford in Washington. I leave June 20, flying from John Wayne to Portland, the dealership is picking me up at the airport, driving me to the dealership, and with my wife and two kids, we are spending six days traveling 16 hours back home to Orange County California. I can’t wait.

Just do it dude!!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I think I read most of the posts on this thread

12 hours? Only 12 hours? Holy dog poop, Batman. I’m friggin old and I can drive 12 hours. In fact in dog years I’m long dead. I’m older that dirt.

I found a Macan Turbo I wanted. I live in NY. I drove to Jackson, Mississippi to get it. Spent a lovely night in Nash Vegas on the way.

heck, I’d drive to Texas if I found something I wanted. What’s the big deal?

in this life, time is about the only commodity you’ve got. Get off your high horse and take a road trip.

I bought my F350 in Houston and drove it back to Maine. Broke my cell at the dealership and had 3 days of peace and quiet! Best road trip ever.

Poidog

Reaction score
Id tell them forget it and unwind the deal, you will shop someplace closer if that is a problem.

Reaction score
I just dealt with this 2 weeks ago. Ended up flying to Kansas City on a Friday night. Dealer picked me up from airport hotel (45mins away) first thing on Saturday AM, inspected and test drove the truck, and drove 9hrs home to Boulder, CO in time for dinner. Flights were cheap. Airport and flight were 50% capacity of normal. Hotel was cheap and completely empty. It was actually more expensive in gas to drive it home than the flight to get there. Only snag was complete lack of transportation at KC airport at 11pm. Don’t rely on Uber/Lyft or even ya is and check to see if hotel shuttle is running. I ended up switching hotels at midnight.
I bought used so it was important for me to see and drive it. If it’s really the perfect truck you’ve been looking for (was also in my case), I’d try to make it work and show up in person. Best of luck