Dealer won’t sell and ship

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are so many scam artists around that dealers are getting screwed all the time. I needed a part for my MH and the dealer was 4 hours away and refused to take my credit card over the phone and ship the part. I ended up paying more and driving 2 hours one way to get that part.

When I bought my Raptor, I showed up in person, but had an out of state drivers license, and out of state check, and it took me 5 hours to close the deal. They too had been cheated several times.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I know you want this deal to happen, but there’s more than one Raptor available for sale. If they’re being difficult, find another one.

It’s not going to get any safer to fly then right now. Airport’s are empty and airlines are actually cleaning airplanes

I am going to take exception to these statements and disagree wholeheartedly. I flew DCA to SAT by way of Dallas and back last month. It sucked HUGE BALLS.

Mask shaming. Don’t take it off, even to eat. grind that food into a super fine gruel and absorb it through your mask like waterboarding with liquified food.

Much of the airport food suppliers / restaurants are closed. The few that are open have lines as long as the passenger manifest for an airbus a380.

Because they’re not serving any food on flights.

Must wear mask the entire flight.

Did I mention mask shaming?
I’ll bet I had to use the “Boston Hello/Goodbye” 6 or 7 times.
( that would be: Go F*ck yourself )

If airlines service could get any worse, the pandemic has brought this on. It IS much worse.

They were cramming you in like sardines, as if no pandemic ever happened. One leg was just as full as an overseas overnight flight, packed to the gills, luggage stuffed in the overheads like it was the last plane out.

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything Smurf says is true according to my airline pilot buddies who are still working. The airports are ridiculous, and because the schedules have been paired way back they’re operating nearly full airplanes on most legs. No way in hell would I want to be riding in the back of one of those sardine cans; I just don’t trust folks enough to stay home when they’re feeling ill.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it will get safer, it’s just a question of how long. But perhaps I just might have to do it. Let’s see what they say. I don’t see how Skype and a notary won’t do it but hey sometimes people are irrational and can’t get over it.

I mean I could still be somebody else (an identity thief) if I went there so I don’t see how being there in person makes a difference. If they want to compare my face to my ID which they mentioned, that can be done on a video conference.

Maybe they think you're related to the mayor of Chicago?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you want this deal to happen, but there’s more than one Raptor available for sale. If they’re being difficult, find another one.

I am going to take exception to these statements and disagree wholeheartedly. I flew DCA to SAT by way of Dallas and back last month. It sucked HUGE BALLS.

Mask shaming. Don’t take it off, even to eat. grind that food into a super fine gruel and absorb it through your mask like waterboarding with liquified food.

Much of the airport food suppliers / restaurants are closed. The few that are open have lines as long as the passenger manifest for an airbus a380.

Because they’re not serving any food on flights.

Must wear mask the entire flight.

Did I mention mask shaming?
I’ll bet I had to use the “Boston Hello/Goodbye” 6 or 7 times.
( that would be: Go F*ck yourself )

If airlines service could get any worse, the pandemic has brought this on. It IS much worse.

They were cramming you in like sardines, as if no pandemic ever happened. One leg was just as full as an overseas overnight flight, packed to the gills, luggage stuffed in the overheads like it was the last plane out.

Dayum man. You forget to tell us the Zombie Apocalypse has started?

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I picked out my truck, negotiated price and everything and am ready to go.

Lat minute the dealer told me that two years ago, someone bought a Hellcat and got it shipped and it ended up being Identity theft and they totaled the car etc etc.

So now they so they want me to be there in person whoch is a 12 hour drive and I’d have to get a hotel and gas and drive 700 ish miles etc. plus would take around 2-3 days to do. I don’t have the time or want to deal with the hassle.

told them I’d FaceTime and get things notarized if I had to. I don’t want to lose the deal but also don’t want to have to fly there during this pandemic and just deal with all of that. It’s 2020 I’ve bought many cars sight unseen and had them shipped.

Any advice or has anyone dealt with this? I told them I’d FaceTime and use a notary and they still are insisting I come in person and offering me $250 to do so but the trip would cost me around $1,000 and 2-3 days time
I could drive there and pretend to be you if you want. Then drop the truck off at shipping. Hahahah

best part they would prob ok it haha

Ridiculous. Lol

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I read an article about some type of auto purchasing concierge service here in town. Guy finds you the car you want, negotiates price and has it delivered to your place, yada yada. There might be a concierge in the dealership area that can help you out for a few bucks. Seeing as you already did more than half the work, may be worth a shot.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Haha exactly
I read an article about some type of auto purchasing concierge service here in town. Guy finds you the car you want, negotiates price and has it delivered to your place, yada yada. There might be a concierge in the dealership area that can help you out for a few bucks. Seeing as you already did more than half the work, may be worth a shot.

that’s an idea. Let me look into that thanks