Dealer Stock vs Retail orders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Dickerson

Reaction score
From someone at the truck plant via BOF

Customer orders are always produced before dealer stock. The only way a dealer stock order could come first is the first week or two of the new MY. Dealer stock are built till they have had 5 consecutive days of zero build issues on a new MY. But I would never want dealer stock as they could have been fixed or rerun through a separate line to fix issues.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From someone at the truck plant via BOF

Customer orders are always produced before dealer stock. The only way a dealer stock order could come first is the first week or two of the new MY. Dealer stock are built till they have had 5 consecutive days of zero build issues on a new MY. But I would never want dealer stock as they could have been fixed or rerun through a separate line to fix issues.
This is correct. That’s why all the builds we have seen being moved up to the first part of aug have been dealer stock. I think retail orders will start on the 8/16 build week

jwill

Reaction score
This is correct. That’s why all the builds we have seen being moved up to the first part of aug have been dealer stock. I think retail orders will start on the 8/16 build week
Not 100%

I’m buying a dealer stock order that has order early June with priority 1.

Build dates/weeks have been rescheduled several times starting with 8/9 to 8/13 to 9/6 week and now bumped up to 8/30 week.

csr18

Reaction score
I have a dealer stock order with a priority code 1. Just called ford Performance today and it's scheduled to be built 8/16. Should I be worried about it being "dealer stock" ?

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a dealer stock order with a priority code 1. Just called ford Performance today and it's scheduled to be built 8/16. Should I be worried about it being "dealer stock" ?
No should be good to go

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 100%

I’m buying a dealer stock order that has order early June with priority 1.

Build dates/weeks have been rescheduled several times starting with 8/9 to 8/13 to 9/6 week and now bumped up to 8/30 week.
I didn’t say all dealer orders would be done first, just ones they decided to run through first. Its kinda of a mix of builds so they can make sure production goes as planned So there are no issues down the road. If there is a problem with the initial run easier to fix dealer orders later.