Dealer Sold My Raptor 37 to Another Buyer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PvtJoker

Reaction score
Hey Raptor nation, unfortunately I’m leaving forum since I don’t have a Raptor anymore ☹️

I was completely screwed over by Covert Ford in Austin, TX. Details below, which are 100% accurate. Spoke with the GM of dealer today, Carlos, and would highly recommend NOT to do business with such clowns.

Raptor 37 PP with an Oct 10 2021 order:
- walked into dealer Jan 19th 2022
- sales person and inventory manager print out a few Raptors that they have dealer stock ordered and told me were not spoken for and available to reserve
- I selected a Black, loaded 37 PP
- Signed the attached order form which included the VIN number, order number, and agreement to pay $5k over sticker
- paid $500 deposit and both myself and the salesperson signed the document
- Called 2.17.22 (my B-Day) hoping to get any updates and good news as a gift
- salesperson starts back peddling and says the truck might have to be switched?!?!
- I then visit the dealer 2.18.22 and ask for Sales Manager, Lee, he apologizes about confusion and claims he will get to the bottom of it since there are 2 buyers, 1 truck. I said if I’m the 2nd guy, I’ll back off and take my deposit back, but I could tell something was off.
- straight asked if they sold to someone else for more money and it was obvious
- they then ghost me for 3 days after he claims we was gonna work it out with the GM
- GM calls me today, provides no real reason that this mistake happens and has the nerve to say “my story isn’t adding up” and that they can’t sell me the truck. And they can’t confirm if/when another 37 PP available. I plead my case and falls on deaf ears, as they don’t care and want the extra $$ from the other buyer.

I ask for my deposit back and said I’ll take business elsewhere and would rather pay more money to work with a dealer that has any integrity, which is rare nowadays.

It’s truly a shame dealers can get away with this nowadays, but what can I do.

Anyways if you read this whole post, I appreciate the floor to vent, and please do NOT use Covert Ford Austin, TX

Best of luck with your Raptors! Bought a Tremor instead from Mac Haik (who have been awesome) and will enjoy it till this market hopefully adjust back to sanity in a couple years and I can get a Raptor next time!!
Hey Raptor nation, unfortunately I’m leaving forum since I don’t have a Raptor anymore ☹️

I was completely screwed over by Covert Ford in Austin, TX. Details below, which are 100% accurate. Spoke with the GM of dealer today, Carlos, and would highly recommend NOT to do business with such clowns.

- sales person and inventory manager print out a few Raptors that they have dealer stock ordered and told me were not spoken for and available to reserve
- Signed the attached order form which included the VIN number, order number, and agreement to pay $5k over sticker
- salesperson starts back peddling and says the truck might have to be switched?!?!
- I then visit the dealer 2.18.22 and ask for Sales Manager, Lee, he apologizes about confusion and claims he will get to the bottom of it since there are 2 buyers, 1 truck. I said if I’m the 2nd guy, I’ll back off and take my deposit back, but I could tell something was off.
- they then ghost me for 3 days after he claims we was gonna work it out with the GM
- GM calls me today, provides no real reason that this mistake happens and has the nerve to say “my story isn’t adding up” and that they can’t sell me the truck. And they can’t confirm if/when another 37 PP available. I plead my case and falls on deaf ears, as they don’t care and want the extra $$ from the other buyer.

I ask for my deposit back and said I’ll take business elsewhere and would rather pay more money to work with a dealer that has any integrity, which is rare nowadays.

Anyways if you read this whole post, I appreciate the floor to vent, and please do NOT use Covert Ford Austin, TX

Best of luck with your Raptors! Bought a Tremor instead from Mac Haik (who have been awesome) and will enjoy it till this market hopefully adjust back to sanity in a couple years and I can get a Raptor next time!!
That happened to a buddy of mine up here in Dallas on a Bronco and the way I understand it if you put money down on it and there was a Vin assigned they legally can’t sell it to another person I’m no lawyer but not sure how that works But they did end up getting the Bronco back from the person they sold it to up in Oklahoma and gave it back to him 175 miles later and even gave it to him below MSRP.

OP
OP
T

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, they did you dirty and don't give a shit. Sorry Man. Wish there was a way to stick it to them.
Thanks Shane, def going to blast Covert Ford where I can and file formal complaint with Ford. Odds are nothing happens, but at least one more person reporting on how crazy and ridiculous these dealers are getting in a market where consumers have very little to no leverage on deals.

Thanks again everyone and just pray this doesn’t happen to y’all!

As for the complaints on the Tremor, very much appreciated! Honestly been really enjoying it having had it for a full week now. Getting it for MSRP, it has honestly everything I need in a truck. Still not as cool as a Raptor I’d admit, but it’s a damn nice truck and going to enjoy for a couple years and see if the market finally corrects itself.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shane, def going to blast Covert Ford where I can and file formal complaint with Ford. Odds are nothing happens, but at least one more person reporting on how crazy and ridiculous these dealers are getting in a market where consumers have very little to no leverage on deals.

Thanks again everyone and just pray this doesn’t happen to y’all!

As for the complaints on the Tremor, very much appreciated! Honestly been really enjoying it having had it for a full week now. Getting it for MSRP, it has honestly everything I need in a truck. Still not as cool as a Raptor I’d admit, but it’s a damn nice truck and going to enjoy for a couple years and see if the market finally corrects itself.
I sent Covert a not so nice FB review on this topic... hate this happed to you.
The tremor is a nice truck... sure, Raptor cool factor is nice, but the tremor looks pretty cool as well. Was in my friends '22 Iconic Silver recently, and loved it.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent Covert a not so nice FB review on this topic... hate this happed to you.
The tremor is a nice truck... sure, Raptor cool factor is nice, but the tremor looks pretty cool as well. Was in my friends '22 Iconic Silver recently, and loved it.

I did the same. Mine is right above yours.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Have you thought about sending a letter and all the details to Ford?? I would address it to the guys/gals at the top and ask if they plan on regulating their dealers at any point in time? Worth a shot…

Send it to the CEO and reference/include a copy of this story… https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ford-cracking-down-3-6-billion-dealer-markups

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them you're going to sue them for breach of contract. Tell them you'll settle for a 37 at invoice and you won't take them to court. It will cost them more money to pay lawyers to go to court to fight it. I would be in their interest to just give you the deal.

lardog

Reaction score
TX
Yes, thanks for posting you disappointing experience. I know Ford read the blogs etc. and your voice is being heard.
This is the headlines this morning:
"Ford shares are trading higher after the company announced the separation of its electric vehicle and internal-combustion engine businesses. The company also reported February 2022 vehicle sales."
It seems many complaints are being heard. I know there were a lot of complaints on the Mach E that made their way to corporate on their new electric vehicle. I think there will be a severe change soon in corporate Ford and dealer relationships and this extortion will be history soon. It is just another symptom of corporate greed by the dealers that Ford turned their back on.

OP
OP
T

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, def going to write a letter and provide copy of the signed order sheet and receipt for the deposit I made that day specifically to purchase that VIN and truck. Not holding breath anything will come out of it, but hope to be one of many voices heard about how ridiculous dealers who represent Ford corporate are treating their customers.

I bought a Bronco in December 21, a Tremor F150 in Feb 22 (since Covert stole my Raptor) and my Wife was going to get a new Expedition this Winter, but now questioning if I want to give Ford anymore business if zero actions are taken.

Ford, I’m buying $200k+/- of vehicles from you in a 12 month window and you are going to let a dealer completely screw over a good customer…..it’s insane!