Dealer shows my ordered truck as New Inventory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeakPressureGarage

Reaction score
For those of you with VIN numbers and still waiting for your truck, can you check your Dealer New Inventory website if they listed your ordered truck on it?
My truck is "In Production" and I just checked my Dealer's New Inventory website and they have my truck on it with exact specs and paint, with my VIN number on it. Don't know if this is in case I back out of the sale or if they are luring people to sell my ordered truck to at a higher price.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When a VIN was produced for mine it showed up on my dealers site almost immediately. All I had was a handshake deal for MSRP. I called my salesman and he said not to worry it does that automatically. When the truck arrived weeks later all was good. All the salesman had lists of people wanting the truck if I didn’t take it tho.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk about normal, my dealer did not list mine on their website (nor anywhere else) and hid it when it was delivered to keep people off of it.

Guess it depends on the dealer.
It’s normal. I’ve ordered numerous new cars from different manufacturers and it happened with all of them. No conspiracy here.

To add I’ve been told at least 10 times when searching for Raptors online that the truck I inquired about was a customer sold order. I ask them to contact me if the deal falls through.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealers do that to lure customers in the showroom or to call them, they just try to sell them some other beater or order a different one. My dealer never did that though, but I see why some do. Post pics when you get it!

Reaction score
My dealer did not list mine in inventory. I asked and they said they don't do that. I also didn't see mine on ford.com in inventory.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealers do that to lure customers in the showroom or to call them, they just try to sell them some other beater or order a different one. My dealer never did that though, but I see why some do. Post pics when you get it!

It's probably a lot easier for them to manage inventory if everything is one system, whether dealer stock or custom order, as well. Sure, there is probably some sort of status field that determines whether the vehicle is visible on the website or not, but as you pointed out...it helps sales.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer took it off everything. It doesn’t show on the ford site or the dealer site. It’s an in transit loaded 37pp. They are a family dealership who offered me a great deal and no nonsense.