DEALER SAYS MILD SPARK KNOCK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Anthony Palazzolo
Reaction score
:emotions133:So Quick question! I also experience some spark knock on Deceleration also but far more infrequently than acceleration .... What kinda spark knock is even possable on decel.? never heard of that,,,, today was 78 here in michigan after a spell of a coupla weeks in the 50's and 60's and spark knock was not nearly as bad in warmer weather. BAFFLING !!!!!!

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I dunno. I did a few runs and looks like the torque converter fully locks right at that range. I’ve also noticed torque converter slip count higher then desired. Apparently not high enough to trigger a dtc or anything but I don’t really know if that could be it.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So i had a chance to mess with it again. Truck in 3rd gear and 4A. get rpm up to 5k (doesnt make noise) then switch to 2wd and release throttle. It will make the chirping noise from 5k down to 4k during decel.