Dealer Order - Ford requesting ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally normal. Here’s how it works. You provide your license. Dealer places the order. And then, for the next six months, Ford gives you a new build date every few weeks, posts updates on a tracker that doesn’t work, opens the order bank for the next model year, and then—at the end of it all—tells you that “This vehicle is not yet available in order tracking, please check back in a few days.”

bobbyboost

Reaction score
Should I be concerned?

Attempting to place order for 2022 and out-of-state dealer sent msg stating “Ford requires copy of driver license be attached to all orders.”

Why would they need copy of license?
I had to provide mine when I ordered. They said it’s to help prevent people from spamming orders they don’t intend on following through with.

Sierraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally normal. Here’s how it works. You provide your license. Dealer places the order. And then, for the next six months, Ford gives you a new build date every few weeks, posts updates on a tracker that doesn’t work, opens the order bank for the next model year, and then—at the end of it all—tells you that “This vehicle is not yet available in order tracking, please check back in a few days.”
This actually would not be very funny if it was not completely spot on.

jonfo

Reaction score
You forgot the part about when it finally changes from in production to built it shows up at the dealer (in WA) the next day skipping the shipped status. Happened on my wife's Bronco and although it sounds nice, it would have been nice to have a few days to prepare.