Dealer offered 64k for my White 2018 802a with 34k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houtex1

Reaction score
That's all. just giving a heads up for those of you looking to buy, sell or trade. I dd NOT take the offer.

RC Blk Bird

Reaction score
I would take that deal in a heartbeat. I am so done with my Gen II. I haven't had any problems with it but... the 3.5 is a poor motor in my book. I just can't figure why they didn't Coyote power theses rigs.

Here's my compliant. When changing the oil at the service interval, only 5 qts comes out yet I put 6 qts of oil in. Where did it go? Well evidently the twin turbos cause a lot of blow by so they burn some, some ends up in the intercooler, and some ended up all over the motor in proximity to the CCCV port on the valve cover even though it was firmly attached with the factory fitting. I was going to install a catch can so I removed the foam engine cover and to my surprise there was at least a quart of oil all over the left side of the intake. This was at 36k miles and it had only been serviced by the dealer, who by the way indicated everything was fine at every service performed for the first 3yr/36k.

I've had several new ford trucks as I typically get a new one every 4 years or so going back to the 90's. I had a Gen I with the 6.2 and loved that truck. Up till now I have never had one that pukes oil all over itself.

I am so done with the Raptor, at least until they decide to put a decent motor in it or make it electric. In May I ordered a normally asperated F150 SuperCab Lariat FX4 with a Coyote.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would take that deal in a heartbeat. I am so done with my Gen II. I haven't had any problems with it but... the 3.5 is a poor motor in my book. I just can't figure why they didn't Coyote power theses rigs.

Here's my compliant. When changing the oil at the service interval, only 5 qts comes out yet I put 6 qts of oil in. Where did it go? Well evidently the twin turbos cause a lot of blow by so they burn some, some ends up in the intercooler, and some ended up all over the motor in proximity to the CCCV port on the valve cover even though it was firmly attached with the factory fitting. I was going to install a catch can so I removed the foam engine cover and to my surprise there was at least a quart of oil all over the left side of the intake. This was at 36k miles and it had only been serviced by the dealer, who by the way indicated everything was fine at every service performed for the first 3yr/36k.

I've had several new ford trucks as I typically get a new one every 4 years or so going back to the 90's. I had a Gen I with the 6.2 and loved that truck. Up till now I have never had one that pukes oil all over itself.

I am so done with the Raptor, at least until they decide to put a decent motor in it or make it electric. In May I ordered a normally asperated F150 SuperCab Lariat FX4 with a Coyote.
There was a TSB for leaky valve covers, but I don't recall the build dates that it affected.

RC Blk Bird

Reaction score
Well I know dealers are not proactive about applying TSBs unless you point them out and demand it. My guess is all the excess pressure the turbos put on the crankcase ventilation system probably causes them to leak. I am already over it as it's going down the road and I am on to my next truck.

I did look at the specs for the new Raptor and saw the 4 link rear suspension which is a positive - Jeep has only been doing this since 96. The 3.5 is the only motor option - bummer. Also it only comes as a SuperCrew - bummer, I do understand that is what predominantly sells in the market but it would be nice to be able to order a SuperCab. If I wanted 4 doors I'd buy a car.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I know dealers are not proactive about applying TSBs unless you point them out and demand it. My guess is all the excess pressure the turbos put on the crankcase ventilation system probably causes them to leak. I am already over it as it's going down the road and I am on to my next truck.

I did look at the specs for the new Raptor and saw the 4 link rear suspension which is a positive - Jeep has only been doing this since 96. The 3.5 is the only motor option - bummer. Also it only comes as a SuperCrew - bummer, I do understand that is what predominantly sells in the market but it would be nice to be able to order a SuperCab. If I wanted 4 doors I'd buy a car.
I agree with you on the SCAB. I have no interest in the Gen3 unless they bring back the SCAB, however that isn't likely to happen. :(

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the SCAB comments. Sticking with my Gen 2 or another manufacturer before I can see me ever ordering a SCREW.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wanted a SCAB ... with a longer bed and a 36 gallon tank. I'm happy with the SCREW and realize that it's actually a better vehicle for my needs than what I wanted. I have the cargo capacity I want, the range I need, and I have the ability to occasionally drive around with five adults inside. I'm over it.

dc1gator

Reaction score
Guess I'm just lucky. 6K miles on this oil change and just checked it before a trip. Oil marks to the full line. 55K miles and I have never had to add oil between, 7500 mile changes. And BTW, this little 3.5 Will kick the **** out of a 5.0 Coyote. That Coyote does sound bad though.