Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Dealer massive mark up

Discussion in '2012 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by buckyo9, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Humvee21

Humvee21 FRF Addict

How was that douche? I only stated the truth. Also, I did not speak in an offensive manner whatsoever. I may have repeated you stating that your truck was not fully loaded, but only to prove a point that you cannot get one for that price... Which was what the OP was asking for. Clearly something ticked you off, and whatever it is I apologize. But you cannot get a fully loaded 2012 for $50k because that would already be below invoice. I have no idea what kind of deal you got nor should it matter.

I never said I knew it all. I was just trying to help the guy get the correct answer.

2. Lardogg

Lardogg Member

I'm new here. I had my local dealership build me a fully loaded red one and they emailed me a invoice which came to 56k and they tried to black out the dealer cost. I could make it out for the truck came to $50,800.

3. Tautog

Tautog Full Access Member

That sounds pretty close, good luck

4. hapa

hapa Member

aloha,
    just got my second silver scab 2012 today !! traded in my 2011 silver scab with 19,000 miles. stoked as some of the 2011 had frame problems. steering problems and the clunking in the drive shaft.
    I paid 56,000 not fully loaded but got 9000 cash back off my trade plus another 20000 on the down so i got it for around 48,000.
    some dealer smark up alot our MSRP in hawaii is around 52 to 53 thousand with out all the options.
    tax 4.166 percent shipiing 1300 plus dealer mark up etc so it depends on who the dealer is. Our dealr is the #1 dealer in the state of hawaii so his priceing is fair for the unit.

hope you find a better dealer than 70,000 thats crazy.

5. Raptizzle

Raptizzle FYT Supporting Member

Welcome aboard hapa! What island you stay at brada?

6. hapa

hapa Member

Aloha
    I live on kauai born and raised here.
    What island you on?

Mahalo
    Nui
    hapa

7. Raptizzle

Nice, kauai is awesome. Unfortunately i'm on the California island right now. I lived on Oahu for 6 years and went to UH Manoa. Will be back in the islands for good hopefully sometime in the near future.

8. Humvee21

Humvee21 FRF Addict

California island... ROFL haha.

Welcome!

9. Raptizzle

What's so funny?

[​IMG]

:D

Geo_Tactical, IRONMAN and Madcowranch like this.
  10. belleshun08

belleshun08 Member

I'm planning to purchase my first new car and I'm looking for the best deal. However, informal reports are emerging that a growing quantity of car dealerships are beginning to scale back their markups on replacement insurance and financing. The dealer finance markup, in addition to dealer insurance markup, can be pretty steep as often as not.