Dealer massive mark up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaneK

Reaction score
I found mine that stickerd $54 & payed $50 + TT&L. But I had to call over a dozen dealers who had any instock all around the country. A few dealers tried to sell me on the $10k over BS, wasn't going to happen.
Good luck on your quest, I nearly gave up & got a Z71, thank God I waited!!!

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Just saw from your other thread that you live in Southern CA... you're totally screwed on the taxes and registration. We bought a car while we were out there and they wouldn't let us register it out of state unless we had it shipped from the dealership :pp: Our permanent address is PA and I was trying to save the 3% tax difference... and that was only a 21k car. Now NE on the other hand... hubby registered the truck in PA without even having it there with him... saved 1.5% in tax :peace:

My suggestion is to just forget the term OTD. Concentrate on what you can get off MSRP and remember it'll be more than 4 grand on top of that for taxes and the god awful cost of registration out there(can deduct that from your taxes if you itemize though)

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Second Note: I paid Invoice for my 2011 Molten Orange SuperCrew with EVERY option except the Man-Step in July 2011 and I installed the Bed Extender. This was all thanx to RANDY (See Right Side column and Click "RANDY - Ford Professional) If he can't get one for you, he'll try to put you in the right direction!!! PERIOD!!!

DON'T DO ANYTHING OR BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTACTING RANDY!!!! i SAY AGAIN - DON'T DO ANYTHING OR BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTACTING RANDY!!!

There is no reason that you shouldn't be able to find a Raptor for Invoice or a little more....

Gen1Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine fully loaded without side and hood decals and I'm paying 55K out the door. Came out to like $1500 over invoice. I felt it was a great deal.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Second Note: I paid Invoice for my 2011 Molten Orange SuperCrew with EVERY option except the Man-Step in July 2011 and I installed the Bed Extender. This was all thanx to RANDY (See Right Side column and Click "RANDY - Ford Professional) If he can't get one for you, he'll try to put you in the right direction!!! PERIOD!!!

DON'T DO ANYTHING OR BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTACTING RANDY!!!! i SAY AGAIN - DON'T DO ANYTHING OR BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTACTING RANDY!!!

There is no reason that you shouldn't be able to find a Raptor for Invoice or a little more....

I thought I remembered Randy stating that he was out of alocations in another thread. Maybe he'll see this thread and post a comment.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My local deAler wants 63k for fully loaded raptor when msrp is 53k another raptor listed at same dealer for 70k with 54k msrp. How hard of a time would I get to paying 50k otd? I have the cash to pay straight out but don't wanna pay over 50k fully loaded screw. Any ideas or help?

You talking about Galpin Ford? Don't even bother with them. Phone around to other dealers, talk to Fleet manager or Internet manager. You should be able to get for around $500 over invoice. But will have to order it and just wait. If you want 50 OTD, with tax and license, you will have to start dropping options on a scab. It's late so, lot of dealers may be out of allocation.

Last edited:

rjklein4470

Reaction score
first of all timing is everything I think. I called my local ford dealer beause according to Ford's web site they were getting the Raptor that I wanted. I called the dealer and it took them about a day to find out that they were really getting the truck I was talking about. So I made a deal with the New Car manager before the truck even hit the lot. They were very nice and the Truck was list at $54,750 (I think) and I got the truck for $50 even plus tax.

Also I had purshased several tucks for my company over the years, and I am sure that had a lot to do with the deal I recieved.

Galvanator

Reaction score
I picked mine up fully loaded out the door at 52K in northern california. Take off a few options like the Nav, Sunroof, Bed Extension, Tail Gate Step and possibly the extended warranty. I found go back a few time late in the day if they close at 8 show up around 7 or 730 they might be a little desperate to sell a car if it was a slow day and them not wanting to stay all night they will be willing to wheel and deal a little more with yeah. I can't see y you couldn't walk out of there at 50k for a SCrew.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Oh I forgot I believe the dealership in my town is expecting another 2012 Screw in the next couple weeks or so I will give them a call tomorrow if you would like it will be in northern california about an hour north of Santa Rosa. I think they said if was a 2012 tuxedo black with the luxury package.