Dealer Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate all the responses and some have made me see some things in a different light. That being said, I guess what I was trying to convey was that IMO, I felt some type of disclaimer in their ads indicating the states they could not ship to, would have been helpful. As far as the actual dealership goes, they may in fact me a very reputable dealership with some very good intentions. Maybe my expectations were too high. I'm not too proud to say I could have jumped the gun a little with my post. Thanks all for helping me see it a little differently.

I don't see any problems with you sharing this experience - and perhaps this highlights some generational differences between the pre and post Amazon generation.
In your opinion, you think dealers should clearly call out if they don't ship vehicles, where I think most older folks find the idea that dealers will ship vehicles surprising. (Otherwise Amazon would sell cars and put all of them out of business).

I'm really no expert because I don't buy enough cars to know the system - but in general dealerships have so many archaic rules and laws to abide by, 99% of them are designed to sell to people who visit in person. With the amount of paperwork and rules they must follow after selling a new car in their own state, I can absolutely see why they'd not want to keep up with all those forms for 50 states.

Do a search on Tesla and read about their problems trying to sell cars like Amazon. The states make so much tax revenue + the dealership network is quite a powerful lobby that ultimately has led to making it very hard to sell cars in a way we all expect in today's online world.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said this elsewhere on the forum before, but if a dealership doesn't value your business, go somewhere else. When I was buying my Gen 2, I went out of state since several dealerships local to me kept jerking me around. I had problems with the truck, brought it back to a local dealer and their comment was "how come you didn't buy from us?" I said, "simple. Check your e-mails. I wanted to BUY the truck you have on the lot, but no one wanted to play ball... so I went out of state!"