Dealer is not honoring the Purchase Price on website - What are my options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteMamba

Reaction score
The sale price is the sale price. Dealership markups are part of the dealership fees, the small italicized fine print with an asterisk below the price. Ford is trying to combat this but if you call around, there are dealerships who go at MSRP. Otherwise, wait until the end of the year and buy one when they get marked down because those who have waited this far to buy one, not including those who are waiting for theirs to be built, are waiting because of the over MSRP charges. I found a dealership but I'm waiting until 2024 in hopes there aren't so many deletes and that Ford adds the new tailgate, not attached to the moonroof.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know that most dealers are trying to mark up the Raptor 10k+ over MSRP. I've been looking to land one at MSRP.
I found one that let me start the process online and had the Price listed for MSRP. 37 801A with all the bells and whistles.

I quickly submitted the order and uploaded all my documentation to secure it. I called them - in order to thank them for not being a garbage dealership and the guy told me - we're going to mark it up 10k you're not going to get it for the price that was listed on the website even though I could start the process, submit documentation, etc.

I think this is ********.
What are my options here? Do I have any legal recourse?
run away from a $1,500 payment. they are doing you a favor.

Nolo0125

Reaction score
I know that most dealers are trying to mark up the Raptor 10k+ over MSRP. I've been looking to land one at MSRP.
I found one that let me start the process online and had the Price listed for MSRP. 37 801A with all the bells and whistles.

I quickly submitted the order and uploaded all my documentation to secure it. I called them - in order to thank them for not being a garbage dealership and the guy told me - we're going to mark it up 10k you're not going to get it for the price that was listed on the website even though I could start the process, submit documentation, etc.

I think this is ********.
What are my options here? Do I have any legal recourse?
Since there are now some for sale with no markups, maybe take your business elsewhere and scratch that dealer from your business. Not sure if the court direction would do you any good. These places have deep pockets and we don’t and why mess with your sanity..is it really worth it? Life is too short. Go get your truck, have a great experience and put this stealership behind you.

jaibyrd

Reaction score
Seems they've updated their website to show CALL FOR PRICING which likely gets them out of legal trouble under their disclaimer on the original pic posted.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could try contacting Ford Corporate, but they've been useless in the past year or so with any dealer complaints i've presented to them.

eRicRic

Reaction score
Their website reserves the right to correct pricing errors. If they ran your credit and approved financing though before telling you the price change that would go more in your favor. If they didn’t, their disclaimer severely limits you.