Dealer increased price after waiting 16 months?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExT

Reaction score
I had to pick my build options and sign a new sales order when my 21 order rolled to 22. Each price was itemized on the order. So yes, they should inform. Not sure how this order was submitted given the OP says he waited 16 months which would seem he was bumped 1 or 2 MY from his original order.
I think they just did it themselves or they may have told him about resubmitting for the new YM, but they kept the price increase from him as they were afraid he would bail. As I said, they needed an actual buyer to place the order. Once it’s built it doesn’t matter the OP takes it or not, they can sell it out easily.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be fair man! Let’s look at the issue another way. Say, you agreed, as you did, to MSRP @87k, Ford decides to remove, heated seats, heated wheel. The MSRP drops a bit to 86.2k, should you pay the original MSRP or the reduced MSRP?? You signed an agreement 18 months before.
In my opinion you are getting the agreed upon deal. The dealership does not have control of MSRP. You made a deal for MSRP, sounds like that is what you got

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you think the dealer should eat the 8k in MSRP increase? Their price went up also. They are selling for MSRP +5k. You will be very hard pressed to find a better deal. Buy it and raise hell with Ford after your purchase. They will give you a customer satisfaction award. Ensure you remove their sticker and mail it back them.
If you think dealers pay anything remotely close to msrp after hold back, sweetheart finance deals and bonus incentives , i got a bridge to sell you mate…

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you think dealers pay anything remotely close to msrp after hold back, sweetheart finance deals and bonus incentives , i got a bridge to sell you mate…
The MSRP went up in 18 months, he got a year newer vehicle, that’s worth something by itself. From what I read, he got the original deal.

Velocicraptor

Reaction score
Beyond pissed right now. Raptor with 37" tire package shows up tomorrow after waiting 16 months. I placed a deposit and signed off on the build and price. Now dealer says they want to increase price $8k. Apparently a signed document and $1k deposit means nothing. I am tempted to take to court just out of principle. Do I have any grounds to stand on and is any one elses dealer doing this to them?
Last I knew Ford said they would reprimand any dealers playing with msrp. I would report it to corporate, may lead to some results. Even just telling them you will do that may get you somewhere.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a problem with Ford, not your dealer? When your 2022 truck was changed to a 2023 truck, your locked in price went away. This is because of Ford, not your dealership. The same thing happened to me. The regional ford rep and ford customer service all told me that Ford would not be price protecting model year changes, like they did last year.

I get it, I'm mad too. I lost the heated steering wheel, ambient lighting, temp display on the gauges, advanced security pack, etc, PLUS my truck went up $7-$8k. It's Fords way of making more money and ******** over the customer. Your choice and mine are to either buy the truck or walk away though.

Reaction score
Yeah, I would try and haggle off the ADM part. The increase in MSRP is at least "defensible" on the dealer's part. If you have emails or texts from the salesshim send them a nice reminder. Otherwise take your medicine at the best price you can. At least you got what you ordered and didn't settle on colors or whatever, like a lot of others.
Probably didn’t get what you ordered if it’s a 23 with no heated wheel and mirrors and no tail gate.