Dealer increased price after waiting 16 months?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well considering it was arriving next day last week and we have heard nothing from him leads me to believe he bought it.
My gut says otherwise or we’d have pics by now. Deep down, I think he did but not willing to admit it. No shame here OP…post pics.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
My gut says otherwise or we’d have pics by now. Deep down, I think he did but not willing to admit it. No shame here OP…post pics.
That’s what I’m saying, if he backed out he could rage against the machine. But the fact there is radio silence means he pissed and moaned and took it up the tail pipe.DC7C3DD3-B92A-4EC3-8DBF-52B4BE79D76C.jpeg

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Hasn't logged in since he made the thread. Replying only a couple of times. 10 posts since he joined here in 2017. Don't expect a reply anytime soon.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He called around and found out what the other sleezeball dealers would do for an in stock 37 and decided the deal he had wasn’t too bad

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve purchased 5 F150’s (leased). And I finally ordered my dream truck a 23 37pp avalanche, when the order banks opened this past July. My truck was built in October and literally just shipped last week. As of Friday it arrived in rail yard an hour away from me. And I can tell you , this is the most frustrating, aggravating process I’ve ever been through. Now I have not waited a year or more; but just knowing my truck sat for months waiting to get shipped, is definitely frustrating. I don’t think I would waited as long as some have. While I love the raptors, I would definitely never order a vehicle agin from Ford. After 9-10 ETAs , Ford CS giving limited or no information and fact that paying $90k for a truck that Ford gives 2 ***** if I receive it. Definitely not happy with the whole process and definitely never ordering anything from Ford again. Gave them my business for more than 15 years and they could care less. Hopefully getting my truck soon; but it’s a guessing game at this point.

You custom order trucks to lease? Wtf!?? Honestly first I’ve ever heard of that in my life. Not surprised that they’ll do it, just surprised there’s even a market for it always seemed to me the bulk of people leasing vehicles don’t really give a damn about specifics they just want latest greatest (or cheapest possible) & treat a vehicle like a consumable, toss it out a couple years later like a pizza box lol!

You lease the Raptor too?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You custom order trucks to lease? Wtf!?? Honestly first I’ve ever heard of that in my life. Not surprised that they’ll do it, just surprised there’s even a market for it always seemed to me the bulk of people leasing vehicles don’t really give a damn about specifics they just want latest greatest (or cheapest possible) & treat a vehicle like a consumable, toss it out a couple years later like a pizza box lol!

I didn't read that as him ordering his previously leased F150s. It doesn't say definitely but this sounds like it was first experience with ordering. Definitely sounds like this would be his last.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No custom order on the other trucks; they were all stock lot trucks. I leased all of them, because I have a company car, and it kept the payments low. And I took care of my leased trucks; usually only driven on weekends and I returned them with less than 20k miles.

The raptor was my first custom order , and you can’t lease them; so this is my first purchase. Still haven’t received it yet; it’s sitting in a rail yard 1 hour from me, waiting to get on a truck to my dealership.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't read that as him ordering his previously leased F150s. It doesn't say definitely but this sounds like it was first experience with ordering. Definitely sounds like this would be his last.
If they improve the ordering process, I’ll consider ordering again. But don’t know that I could deal with this debacle of a process again. If Ford just confirmed my order, and gave me a legit ETA for delivery; I would’ve been ok with that; but I got 10-12 different eta’s so far, and none of them met. It’s just the stringing me along thing that drives me crazy, especially when I’m dropping $95k on a truck .

I didn’t expect a red carpet treatment, but expected something a little more because we are talking a $90-100k vehicle, not a Prius!! Lol

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they improve the ordering process, I’ll consider ordering again. But don’t know that I could deal with this debacle of a process again. If Ford just confirmed my order, and gave me a legit ETA for delivery; I would’ve been ok with that; but I got 10-12 different eta’s so far, and none of them met. It’s just the stringing me along thing that drives me crazy, especially when I’m dropping $95k on a truck .

I didn’t expect a red carpet treatment, but expected something a little more because we are talking a $90-100k vehicle, not a Prius!! Lol
I wasn't expecting any red carpet treatment either, but on the other hand.... this IS Ford's Halo truck (or at least it was until the Raptor R came out recently). I mean, Ford sends you to the Raptor Assualt, just like Chevrolet Corvette buyers get to go to the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School and can pick their car up from the National Corvette Museum instead of the dealership.

Maybe a little Red Carpet treatment isn't such a bad idea?

Reaction score
That's BS from the dealership, I have one on order in colorado, still waiting, curious which dealership, so I can prepare if it's the same one I ordered from. I don't think the litigation route would be the worth it. But I would seriously consider walking away from it. 8K not worth it.