Dealer increased price after waiting 16 months?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s not just Ford, but definitely Ford has talked a big game, but not quite walked the walk. We are 3 YEARS past the China Virus shut down and 2.5 years past lockdowns.

I hear a lot of excuses from not just Ford, and they’re all short on delivering a fix. Ford did a good job announcing the Bronco Rap. They did an average job at best launching Jen Tres Rap, because Bronco was the shiny new thing.
RR was ok, but for the silly wait.

But you’ve got Ford announcing all this stuff, knowing full well they cannot deliver on it. Orders were cancelled, abandoned ,rolled to a new MY, and the allocation game... Jayzuss.

So the stealerships can pretty much write their own ticket. You know the sales bots and managers at the stealerships with RR’s are salivating in anticipation of that 3 month world cruise.

I bought at MSRP in 2017. Sales lady used the commission for a downpayment on a house. Sure, she probably had more, but it’s just nuts buying now.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope to take delivery of mine this week, and really hoping for tomorrow. It's the best of the options I have available considering availability, price, etc. That being said, I'm still extremely disappointed how Ford handled this whole situation. My first Ford truck purchase, a Raptor no less, and they sure did everything they could to mess it up.
I’ve purchased 5 F150’s (leased). And I finally ordered my dream truck a 23 37pp avalanche, when the order banks opened this past July. My truck was built in October and literally just shipped last week. As of Friday it arrived in rail yard an hour away from me. And I can tell you , this is the most frustrating, aggravating process I’ve ever been through. Now I have not waited a year or more; but just knowing my truck sat for months waiting to get shipped, is definitely frustrating. I don’t think I would waited as long as some have. While I love the raptors, I would definitely never order a vehicle agin from Ford. After 9-10 ETAs , Ford CS giving limited or no information and fact that paying $90k for a truck that Ford gives 2 ***** if I receive it. Definitely not happy with the whole process and definitely never ordering anything from Ford again. Gave them my business for more than 15 years and they could care less. Hopefully getting my truck soon; but it’s a guessing game at this point.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve purchased 5 F150’s (leased). And I finally ordered my dream truck a 23 37pp avalanche, when the order banks opened this past July. My truck was built in October and literally just shipped last week. As of Friday it arrived in rail yard an hour away from me. And I can tell you , this is the most frustrating, aggravating process I’ve ever been through. Now I have not waited a year or more; but just knowing my truck sat for months waiting to get shipped, is definitely frustrating. I don’t think I would waited as long as some have. While I love the raptors, I would definitely never order a vehicle agin from Ford. After 9-10 ETAs , Ford CS giving limited or no information and fact that paying $90k for a truck that Ford gives 2 ***** if I receive it. Definitely not happy with the whole process and definitely never ordering anything from Ford again. Gave them my business for more than 15 years and they could care less. Hopefully getting my truck soon; but it’s a guessing game at this point.
Let me reiterate…”this whole thing has been a big blunder since the rollout in ‘21. If you’ve been following the threads since then, you’d know what to expect and not get your hopes up. These are different times.”

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me reiterate…”this whole thing has been a big blunder since the rollout in ‘21. If you’ve been following the threads since then, you’d know what to expect and not get your hopes up. These are different times.”
Clear, honest communication goes a long way.

...or not in my book.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It's like Groundhog Day every day.

Then there's a new batch every other week. It sucks but it has been the state of things for a long time now.

OP, Just keep the faith and know that tons of folks paid way more than you will for an (now) older truck. Then just go on down the road. :smoke2:

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I knew the issues were still there; just had hopeful thinking , that after 2 years things may have improved.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
7 pgs & I‘m left wandering if OP got the damn truck or not. So freak’en suspenseful, I tell ya.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Well considering it was arriving next day last week and we have heard nothing from him leads me to believe he bought it.