Dealer increased price after waiting 16 months?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot can happen in 16 months. It's 8K, buy the truck if you want it or move on. If you waited this long for it I would say buy it and enjoy it. And name your shady dealership...

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd buy the truck and then leave them an honest review so others have a heads up of what to expect. They'll likely reach out to you if you give them anything less than 4-5 stars and ask you what they can do to remove the bad review. You can try getting some goodies thrown in at that point, maybe an extended warranty or something.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a little worried, I also have a 37 at MSRP. Ordered it in August.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just take the truck. In my area they are getting $20k over; almost impossible to find one that isn’t spoken for.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just take the truck. In my area they are getting $20k over; almost impossible to find one that isn’t spoken for.
I hope to take delivery of mine this week, and really hoping for tomorrow. It's the best of the options I have available considering availability, price, etc. That being said, I'm still extremely disappointed how Ford handled this whole situation. My first Ford truck purchase, a Raptor no less, and they sure did everything they could to mess it up.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope to take delivery of mine this week, and really hoping for tomorrow. It's the best of the options I have available considering availability, price, etc. That being said, I'm still extremely disappointed how Ford handled this whole situation. My first Ford truck purchase, a Raptor no less, and they sure did everything they could to mess it up.
First, have you contacted the dealer to see if it’s landed?

Second, this whole thing has been a big blunder since the rollout in ‘21. If you’ve been following the threads since then, you’d know what to expect and not get your hopes up. These are different times.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, have you contacted the dealer to see if it’s landed?

Second, this whole thing has been a big blunder since the rollout in ‘21. If you’ve been following the threads since then, you’d know what to expect and not get your hopes up. These are different times.
Yeah, i hear ya. The nice part is the forums said prices from 2021 were honored in 2022 if that happened. From 2022 to 2023 they weren't. I know we're in different times, but that doesn't mean I like it either. Ford produced 5 raptors in late 2022 that sat on my local dealership lot with no owner for 2 months, and they chose not to build the one I ordered. I assume they could make more money on a non-price protected truck, so "make people wait and charge them more in '23" must have been the theme.

My truck hasn't landed yet. It shipped last week by rail, so we're hoping to see it very, very soon.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, i hear ya. The nice part is the forums said prices from 2021 were honored in 2022 if that happened. From 2022 to 2023 they weren't. I know we're in different times, but that doesn't mean I like it either. Ford produced 5 raptors in late 2022 that sat on my local dealership lot with no owner for 2 months, and they chose not to build the one I ordered. I assume they could make more money on a non-price protected truck, so "make people wait and charge them more in '23" must have been the theme.

My truck hasn't landed yet. It shipped last week by rail, so we're hoping to see it very, very soon.
Price protection did happen for that time frame; Ford sent out specific guidance regarding this. No assumption needed. They chose not to special order those 5 allocations just so they could charge an ADM.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole Ford buying and dealer experience just sucks. It’s so much different than buying a European car. I don’t understand why the Ford dealership experience has to be so bad.