Dealer increased price after waiting 16 months?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a dealer that agreed to price and now +$8K...yeah I say F'em. But to each there own.

Newsflash you can have service on a Ford (under warranty) done at ANY Ford dealer...including this one. No one is tracking his service (even if he has done here) if he buys elsewhere :rolleyes: Been there done that. These are scum bag dealers.

OP post dealer name.
Point taken. Now take the emotions out. You’re suggesting he find a 37 from $2K-$5K. This would be find if today‘s MSRP was the same as it was 16 months ago when he ordered. Newsflash…it isn’t.

edit to add…even if he does find a comparable truck, the price will be about the same regardless.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the dream truck you ordered and then never step foot in there again. The amount of time and effort you will likely have to spend to find another 37 you love will not be worth it in the end. Spend that time enjoying your new rig and don’t look back!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Yeah, I would try and haggle off the ADM part. The increase in MSRP is at least "defensible" on the dealer's part. If you have emails or texts from the salesshim send them a nice reminder. Otherwise take your medicine at the best price you can. At least you got what you ordered and didn't settle on colors or whatever, like a lot of others.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take the dream truck you ordered and then never step foot in there again. The amount of time and effort you will likely have to spend to find another 37 you love will not be worth it in the end. Spend that time enjoying your new rig and don’t look back!
My point exactly!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see this as a moral dilemma. You're angry about this evidently for several reasons, one of which is that no one likes to be cheated. And your dilemma is whether to do business with lying, cheating scum, or refuse to do so as a matter of principle. The moral part of this dilemma is this: Do you hold to your principles firmly enough to weather this test of them, or are they mere window dressing? I apologize for putting it so bluntly, but I think that's essentially what this boils down to. After all, it's just a product of a mass production assembly line.

Now as a practical matter, I would remind you of five more unpleasant things:
- The dealership can outspend you in court.
- The "contract" may not constitute a legally binding one under Colorado law. (This isn't the dealership's first rodeo.)
- They can sell the truck to someone else while the case is being litigated.
- You might win, but it may be a pyrrhic victory in terms of dollars.
- You might lose, and then you'd be absent both truck and legal fees.

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Certainly would suck to see a truck you special ordered go bye bye to some other chap after waiting so damn long. Stand on your principles or spend the $8k…decisions.

I see this as a moral dilemma. You're angry about this evidently for several reasons, one of which is that no one likes to be cheated. And your dilemma is whether to do business with lying, cheating scum, or refuse to do so as a matter of principle. The moral part of this dilemma is this: Do you hold to your principles firmly enough to weather this test of them, or are they mere window dressing? I apologize for putting it so bluntly, but I think that's essentially what this boils down to. After all, it's just a product of a mass producrion assembly line.
That’s what I said a few posts back but with less “window dressing”. Lol

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only reason to get this truck is if you plan on actually taking it on the trails. Everyone should be honest with themselves when it comes to the raptor. Not off-roading it? Get a GMC or something similar. The comfort level is better on the road, you can actually tow things (if that's important to you) and your wallet will thank you (MSRP, interest and gas).

If you end up getting it and want to stick it to the dealer, you can blast them on social media, google reviews, yelp reviews and any other website you can find. Get specific with the reviews so that other people know this is a shady place. It will hurt them in the long run. You could also stand on the lot a few weekends with a sign and be the first to meet and greet people shopping. Just because you paid the full price doesn't mean they wouldn't issue you a refund check for the difference to make you go away or take down reviews. That's what most of us had to do for price protection anyway. We paid the full amount and then waited 2–3 months for the price protection check to come in the mail. Lastly, you could agree to give up the 37 for a 35" MSRP. You could probably get a better deal on the 35, and you aren't missing much, especially again if you don't hit the trails regularly.