Dealer increased price after waiting 16 months?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beyond pissed right now. Raptor with 37" tire package shows up tomorrow after waiting 16 months. I placed a deposit and signed off on the build and price. Now dealer says they want to increase price $8k. Apparently a signed document and $1k deposit means nothing. I am tempted to take to court just out of principle. Do I have any grounds to stand on and is any one elses dealer doing this to them?
At some point it must have rolled over into the new model year? You didnt ask about it then?

OP
OP
G

galljr13

Reaction score
At some point it must have rolled over into the new model year? You didnt ask about it then?
I did. Sales rep said I was price protected. Rep now says Ford ended protection January 1st. Called ford directly. They said dealers can charge what they want and good luck.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did. Sales rep said I was price protected. Rep now says Ford ended protection January 1st. Called ford directly. They said dealers can charge what they want and good luck.
Certainly would suck to see a truck you special ordered go bye bye to some other chap after waiting so damn long. Stand on your principles or spend the $8k…decisions.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks but it’s slightly in the dealers favor that it’s a MSRP increase not an ADM they are blindsiding you with. I know I was price protected within the model year increase on my truck but sounds like you were bumped model years. Pretty sure Ford only offered price protection between years for 21 orders bumped to 22. Hopefully it’s a MSRP deal and your not paying an ADM as well.

Edit: maybe you can talk them out of the ADM to compensate?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I understand you don't want to spend time to look for a new one, I wouldn't give those scumbags the biz at this point.

It will be a little pain, but you can find a 37 from $2K-$5K with some work. I did a few weeks ago and others have.

I feel for you but dealers are dealers...they can't help themselves.
Essentially, that‘s the deal he’d be getting…MSRP + 5k adm. I understand, fully, your thoughts on not doing business with this dealer. However, the truck arrives tomorrow, ordered to his specs. Pass a bird in hand & go on the hunt for who knows how long or suck it up, buy the truck, and have maintenance done elsewhere?

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Essentially, that‘s the deal he’d be getting…MSRP + 5k adm. I understand, fully, your thoughts on not doing business with this dealer. However, the truck arrives tomorrow, ordered to his specs. Pass a bird in hand & go on the hunt for who knows how long or suck it up, buy the truck, and have maintenance done elsewhere?
This is a dealer that agreed to price and now +$8K...yeah I say F'em. But to each there own.

Newsflash you can have service on a Ford (under warranty) done at ANY Ford dealer...including this one. No one is tracking his service (even if he has done here) if he buys elsewhere :rolleyes: Been there done that. These are scum bag dealers.

OP post dealer name.