Dealer honoring $2k under sticker online screwup, but.....should I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, recently when searching for a new '18 Screw, I found a dealer within 100 miles of me that had several Raptors listed on their website. One in particular was discounted $2k off the sticker, so my first thought was it was a demo. However, when I stopped by the dealer, they admittedly stated they screwed up on the online listing price but would honor the price I saw (ironically, the price later that night changed to $5k over sticker lol). Also, the vehicle isn't due to arrive until Nov 7th, so it's brand brand new with 0 test driven miles and hasn't been sitting on a lot for months. I already put a deposit on it to lock it down, HOWEVER my only concern is that it's oxford white (I've never owned a white vehicle). It has the 802A pkg and EVERY single other option except a sprayed in bed liner (it does have the bed extender though lol). So, black, lead foot, and silver were my first choices but for those of you that own a white Raptor, do you regret it or have any insight? This one does have the hood and rear graphics package as well.

Last edited:

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a great color. Doesn't show dirt as bad and stays cooler in the summers. I love mine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had black cars and a black Raptor. Never again. Especially if you go off road in it.

White is great and with a few visual mods it'll look different than other white Raptors.

OP
OP
paulny

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had black cars and a black Raptor. Never again. Especially if you go off road in it.

White is great and with a few visual mods it'll look different than other white Raptors.

Can you please elaborate on what types of visual mods you are referring to? I have never owned a Raptor much less a white vehicle. So, any ideas are much appreciated, and thanks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Some might accuse you of white raptor privilege... Otherwise... You scored a solid deal, take yes for an answer.

I’ve had white and black vehicles. I don’t think off white paint shows dirt as early.

I say buy that mo fo. If you don’t like it, drive it to CA and sell it to a moonbat for 7500 over MSRP. they’re going for 20k over for new ones.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I heard white raptors are faster than the others.

On a serious note this is my first white vehicle and I have to say I will probably stick with white or something lighter from now on. It’s so much easier to maintain and doesn’t show smudges, dust, fingerprints, or water spots whatsoever. The contrast of the white with the black graphics looks killer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
paulny

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some might accuse you of white raptor privilege... Otherwise... You scored a solid deal, take yes for an answer.

I’ve had white and black vehicles. I don’t think off white paint shows dirt as early.

I say buy that mo fo. If you don’t like it, drive it to CA and sell it to a moonbat for 7500 over MSRP. they’re going for 20k over for new ones.

Holy cow, $20k over? Well, I feel really good about my $2k under sticker now lol. I just spoke to my salesman and am trying to get a sprayed in bed liner thrown in, but I suspect the answer will be no :biggrin: I can't believe it literally has every available option including a bed extender yet no sprayed liner...go figure. I am very excited and am getting ready to order the Borla Atak exhaust with carbon fiber tips. Should blend with my CF interior.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you please elaborate on what types of visual mods you are referring to? I have never owned a Raptor much less a white vehicle. So, any ideas are much appreciated, and thanks.

You'll personalize it.

Some options include:

* Stickers/decals - see Rappy Graphics for some colorful examples
* Wheels
* Off road lights

White's a great color but there are a lot of white pickup trucks on the road because it's the default work truck color. That's why I said you can differentiate yours from others.

Get the white Raptor and have fun with it.

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love how a raptor looks in white but I’ve never had a good experience with owning a white vehicle. I had a white f350 that was covered in that pesky rail dust rust spots and no matter how many times my dealer Clay bared it and buffed it they wouldn’t go away. So when I was raptor shopping I looked at an Oxford White 18 and it already had rail dust rust spots sitting on the dealer lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no regrets on oxford white, with that kind of deal even if you dont like it you can always wrap it. youd be a fool not to pull the trigger on that deal