Dealer has one for sale...curious

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RayMac1963

Reaction score
Wow is this true? The family's A plan wil not work on these trucks?? [emoji20][emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what a buddy who works at Ford says. He has wanted a SVT Mustang for years, but says he can't seem to pull the trigger because the price dif over a regular one. So he has bought 3 mustang GTs since he has been there, no SVTs.

If you could, i suspect Ford employees would make a cottage industry out of buying SVTs, keeping them for a year, and selling them at a huge profit.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats what a buddy who works at Ford says. He has wanted a SVT Mustang for years, but says he can't seem to pull the trigger because the price dif over a regular one. So he has bought 3 mustang GTs since he has been there, no SVTs.

If you could, i suspect Ford employees would make a cottage industry out of buying SVTs, keeping them for a year, and selling them at a huge profit.

Yeah that's a good point. A simple fix would be a contract agreement saying you cannot sell the vehicle for X number of years, or at X number of dollars ect. I currently have a Ram1500 . The new raptor is my next target vehicle for sure, Absolutely amazed by this thing, and I know the A plan helped me a lot on my purchase. Maybe it's different in different areas but I'll check as soon as I get near the funds to buy one of these beasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RayMac1963

Reaction score
There use to be guys that were "flippers" with their exec cars. You could tell em what you wanted, they would get it as an executive car and drive it for 6 months and then sell it to you. I got a super loaded Explorer back in 2002 that way.

I think as execs they had to monitor and evaluate the cars and had to switch anyway. I don't even think they were titled. Its just they were given the option to buy their tester at a great deal. if they didn't they end up on dealers lots as exec cars. Not to common in other parts of the country, but it was common around Detroit.

As i recall, they had a list of models that they couldn't get, but the list got smaller as rank increased.

Last edited: