Dealer giving out my R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AC4400

Reaction score
Yes, but they sent him a sheet listing an adm, so we can assume the dealer is referring to a real truck to be built. It would be interesting to see what happens if he gets an attorney to send a letter to the dealer.

I would even kick in a few bucks if he can do this. We should crowd fund this endeavor!
I will kick in a few as well.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Me too. Had a $1000 deposit on the (at the time rumored) SC V8 Raptor in May 2019. The dealership thought I was nuts but they have 4 stores and in good standing so they knew they would get an allocation of sorts and so happily took my deposit. Paperwork show’s SC V8 Raptor deposit at MSRP plus tax and doc fee. Signed by dealer rep and myself and on Ford letterhead. 3 weeks ago dealer contacts me to say I am still first in line and to pick my truck. They send me the order sheets and I select Agate, moonroof with tailgate, and spray in bed liner with decal delete. They send me back all the paperwork but now the price has a $40k markup. And this is in Canada and markups are not as predominant as in the US so I was a little surprised (but not really). I ******* and they said sorry but too bad. The world has changed since 2019. They have offered me a 2023 at MSRP as they have 7 orders left. I am too pissed odd to reply so far. Currently have a 2014 and a 2019 in my driveway and can simply cash out some stocks to buy the truck but I am NOT paying a $40k ADM (or any ADM for that matter). Goes against my principles as I got to the point in life to pay cash for everything including houses and second property by not being stupid with money. I don’t say this to sound high & mighty as I am a blue collar guy who has worked my whole life with a minimum of 2 jobs ever since grade 9 and I am 51 now. I only share my experience and thoughts. So yes, I am also curious if there is anything that be done? Anyone at Ford that we can share this negative experience with?? Maybe rattle a chain or two??
40K ADM in Canada wow I agreed to 20K for the R and still feel l shouldn’t have. I guess that’s the only way these days, unless a market correction happens.
What dealer ?

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s no confusion at all. They want more money than your willing to give them so they will open it up to the highest bidder.

I can’t imagine how many of these posts will start to happen when the R actual starts to be delivered.

Who knows. May even happen to me. Even with signed documents, it is not a guarantee. The dealership can say all kinda stuff and you have no recourse. If they sell to someone else your ordered vehicle, what recourse do we actually have.
The going rate is $50k-$100k over Msrp of $112k

Cocles

Reaction score
Are you an attorney?

It may say 2020, but if the dealer reached out with an order form this week, they are honoring their 2020 proposal and soliciting THAT sale.

"Your honor, we came to a written agreement with the defendant for a car that turned out to not exist. With the current model year however, we believe something similar enough has been produced, so we offered it as a consolation at the price being offered by us and other nearby dealerships. The defendant turned down that offer. Their deposit is listed as non-refundable in the written agreement, so we consider this matter closed."

The only objective parts of this case would be the written agreement for a car that doesn't exist and the downpayment. Everything else is just subjectivity and spoken words.

All that said, since it's a written agreement for something that doesn't exist, maybe it could be nullified in whole and OP could get their deposit back.

I dunno. The whole situation is weird. A dealership making a written agreement and taking money for something absolutely speculative without even a teaser from the factory? The whole thing is just asking for a situation like this.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s no confusion at all. They want more money than your willing to give them so they will open it up to the highest bidder.

I can’t imagine how many of these posts will start to happen when the R actual starts to be delivered.

Who knows. May even happen to me. Even with signed documents, it is not a guarantee. The dealership can say all kinda stuff and you have no recourse. If they sell to someone else your ordered vehicle, what recourse do we actually have.
So, that document that’s signed by the customer isn’t binding, apparently? Is there some legally-worded fine print giving the dealer the upper hand? I’m sure if it were the other way around the dealer would be holding your feet to the fire for money you promised; just like you expect the truck they promised. It’s not right.

badclam

Reaction score
Well then, I wouldn’t pick you to represent me in my law suit. Lol
Hire a lawyer to help you fight a car salesman. Does nobody see the irony of that snake fight? Want some more sad humor? Go back and read all the post of people that think they're getting a "R" at MSRP, $25k over, or at all! The production of "R"s will come up short, and with ADMs of most will be at $50k to $100k, or more.