Dealer giving out my R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy to get your deposit back as they tried to sell you a vehicle that did not exist nor was there ever indication it would. You could claim they fraudulently took your money by misrepresenting the product. Easy. You probably get your atty fee’s back because of their fraudulent actions. No chance getting a 23 with that contract that clearly states a 2020 model.
Go in and chat with the GM, GM only, ask him to honor the msrp on a 23 R, when he refuses, tell him you want your deposit today, due to the fact they misrepresented the product that was never built, nor was there ever plans to build 2020 V8 powered Raptor and that’s fraud. If he refuses, say we can go to court, I can easily prove fraud. Not only will you pay your atty, you will pay mine and my 1000 bucks. You’ll have a check in a few minutes. It’s not worth the fight for them.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Me too. Had a $1000 deposit on the (at the time rumored) SC V8 Raptor in May 2019. The dealership thought I was nuts but they have 4 stores and in good standing so they knew they would get an allocation of sorts and so happily took my deposit. Paperwork show’s SC V8 Raptor deposit at MSRP plus tax and doc fee. Signed by dealer rep and myself and on Ford letterhead. 3 weeks ago dealer contacts me to say I am still first in line and to pick my truck. They send me the order sheets and I select Agate, moonroof with tailgate, and spray in bed liner with decal delete. They send me back all the paperwork but now the price has a $40k markup. And this is in Canada and markups are not as predominant as in the US so I was a little surprised (but not really). I ******* and they said sorry but too bad. The world has changed since 2019. They have offered me a 2023 at MSRP as they have 7 orders left. I am too pissed odd to reply so far. Currently have a 2014 and a 2019 in my driveway and can simply cash out some stocks to buy the truck but I am NOT paying a $40k ADM (or any ADM for that matter). Goes against my principles as I got to the point in life to pay cash for everything including houses and second property by not being stupid with money. I don’t say this to sound high & mighty as I am a blue collar guy who has worked my whole life with a minimum of 2 jobs ever since grade 9 and I am 51 now. I only share my experience and thoughts. So yes, I am also curious if there is anything that be done? Anyone at Ford that we can share this negative experience with?? Maybe rattle a chain or two??
Why are you hiding those two sentences tho, was there a disclaimer?

CityHunter

Reaction score
If he wants an R, he’s going to have to pay fair market price, just like everyone else. Some shoddy contract drawn up two years ago with an incorrect make and model listed holds no legitimacy here — I’d be thankful they still called him to offer him one of their units based on that.

If you want it, pay what they’re asking. Otherwise, they’ll find 20+ other buyers within 24 hours who will be happy to take your spot, if they haven’t already.

Probably not what you want to hear, but it’s what you need to hear at this point. Best of luck with the purchase.

pjbeats

Reaction score
Ya getting my deposit back is not an issue. They are not saying it’s not refundable. They are only keeping it for now until I decide if I want to proceed with a 2023 37 from them at MSRP. Otherwise they are happy to give it back. It only says non-refundable once I ordered the truck I would have to put down more and then would be non-refundable. As for why I covered the 2 sentences, it just had personal info and the dealer info and I didn’t feel like posting that on the webs. I am on vaca for 3 more weeks but have loosely thought about legal action. Not sure it’s worth it, which I am sure they are banking on. So pissed off as that deposit is almost 4 years!! And we all know when the deposit was given the rumor was for 2020, then Covid and supply chain and whatever else pushed it to 2021, then 2022 and now 2023. The overall spirit of the matter was for the SC V8 as it never had a name or year until just recently. But ya I get that in court those details can matter. But I am no lawyer.

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them you want the truck at MSRP as agreed or else……

I will picket every day, dressed in a giant Peeness outfit, holding a sign that says ”Come get F@*#ed at Norhstar Ford”

I will tell my story to every news outlet that will listen.

I will find a really good, sympathetic attorney to press the issue legally.

Last edited:

CityHunter

Reaction score

I will picket every day, dressed in a giant ***** outfit, holding a sign that says ”Come get F@*#ed at Norhstar Ford”

I don’t see that unfolding as you envision it. In these poor economic times, you’re not going to find much public sympathy for someone who can’t buy their six-figure+ gas-guzzling luxury vehicle at MSRP, particularly when the document that agreement is based on is 3-4 years old with descriptive issues, and particularly when the dealership has offered satisfactory consolation alternatives (full refund of deposit; ‘23 37 at MSRP).

He could end up looking rather foolish and tone-deaf in the public eye. Not to mention, who wants all that attention on themselves over a truck? Crazies coming out of the woodworks to hound and hassle you and your family, etc. Not worth the hassle in or out of court, imo. Either buy it with the ADM (still lower ADM than what others are paying), or take one of the consolation options and move on.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I will picket every day, dressed in a giant Peeness outfit, holding a sign that says ”Come get F@*#ed at Norhstar Ford”

And you still will not get your Raptor R at MSRP. Sorry. That’s the way it is as of late. Wasted time is your reward.
Sam

wowanothertruck

Reaction score
Exactly why people shouldn't be celebrating until they get the keys and drive it off the lot. Anything can happen between now and delivery day.