Dealer didn’t Install air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And don't have that dealer do the scope inspection! I work on turbine engines (small ones, RC Aircraft / Drones) and the compressor wheels are almost the same as Turbo charger Comp wheels and when one is landed on a lakebed or stuffed into the ground you could imagine the dirt that gets sucked in, well anything bigger than a ruff edge like a good nick and that Comp wheel is junk. That little nick can cause a crack and then throw a blade. Depending on application these wheels can turn up to 200K RPM's so the small stuff matters. Now a little discoloration won't hurt but I would still be pissed. Also as others have said while checking cylinder crosshatch make sure there is not too much build up on top off the piston (that dirt doesn't just pass through some hangs around) because that can cause knocking and poor performance. Good luck

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s crazy, after I read on here that the filter change was 30k and was blown away I went and checked mine. I’d assumed I’d already bought one since they know I’m fussy. Also I got some extras I didn’t have to pay for laying in there!! Check your filters!

Attachments

• IMG_3624.jpeg
    IMG_3624.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3623.jpeg
    IMG_3623.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 30