Dealer didn’t Install air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas01

Reaction score
Reaching out to the group for a bit of guidance on next steps. After routine maintenance of my 2021 Gen3 raptor the air filter was not put back in and I’ve been driving for about 7k miles. Dealer acknowledged the oversight but offered nothing. We all know this is not good for the engine and I live in dusty West Texas. I can’t show emeriate damage but I’m concerned about the longevity or hehe engine and need for additinal maintenance. What should I ask for? Extended maintenance and warranty? Truck is covered under the maintenance plan thru 25k miles and extended warranty for 100k … maybe just a fast track to getting it serviced as last time it was going to take 6-8 weeks for anyone to look at my transmission parking itself (required a firmware update) not looking to retain legal council just a fare deal from the dealer. 921D8E3D-1334-4D4C-8ABE-6D327E743DA6.jpeg

Attachments

• 89A036AD-5D7F-4CEF-BD07-75D6A3AF30D4.jpeg
    89A036AD-5D7F-4CEF-BD07-75D6A3AF30D4.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 13

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a new truck whithout air filter... unbelievable, but they did ... They should give you a special engine extended warranty, or a new engine . it'as absolutly not good for the engine, especially in dusty environement , do you use it off road ?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous, sort to hear that happened to you. I would recommend demanding that both turbochargers be inspected with a bore scope as well as each cylinder. If the turbos are “dusted”, the compressor wheel blades will have a jagged appearance and possibly rounded edges near the housing. Dusted cylinders will have light vertical scoring marks and may appear polished, with worn crosshatching. If either are found, the dealer should be replacing the damaged components on their dime.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always, always, always check a dealer service center's work. On one occasion I had the dealer flush my engine cooling system, and it came back to me with the coolant more than a quart low and with dirty boot prints on my front bumper. On another occasion I had to have the transfer case replaced. It was a considerably expensive bill, and once again the Mercon LV fluid level in the new transfer case was low by about 8 ounces. If you value the investment you have made in your truck never trust them.

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Change the oil asap and get it lab tested. Could be good evidence on how to proceed further.

That’s brutal. Tech must have been on his phone looking at ****.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completly agree whith ruger, never trust dealer job... I prefer spend one day to do something which may take one hour for a dealer, but I am a sure how the work is done, when I read that someone is proud that all maintenance truck has been done by dealer, for me, it's absolutly not a quality brand , the best job is done by a passionate owner as we are many on FRF

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that’s terrible. I’d be demanding a new engine and all components of the intake tract. I thought a couple stripped bolts was bad…

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Completly agree whith ruger, never trust dealer job... I prefer spend one day to do something which may take one hour for a dealer, but I am a sure how the work is done, when I read that someone is proud that all maintenance truck has been done by dealer, for me, it's absolutly not a quality brand , the best job is done by a passionate owner as we are many on FRF
Absolutely, undeniably, unequivocally, and very thoroughly true! And there is yet another benefit - while you're in there you might observe something that you need to keep an eye on. Maybe not something that needs to be addressed immediately or that the dealership mechanic would mention, but something as a one of @julien194b 's "passionate owners" you would very much want to be aware of and track.

Last edited: