Dealer Crashed Into My Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingquad

Reaction score
Call your Ins co and ask them about Demished value. My brother had similar issue and his ins co told him 10% diminished value if no paint involved. 25% if paint work needed.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Call your Ins co and ask them about Demished value. My brother had similar issue and his ins co told him 10% diminished value if no paint involved. 25% if paint work needed.
Your numbers are pretty accurate...depends but close. But don't tell OP, he trusts the dealer that did this in the first place won't report to Carfax, so all is good :laughing1: Trust me when OP goes to trade and they find out bumper has been replaced and paint work he will be feeling the pain.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are fixing it without reporting it to Carfax.

I am torn on this....

How pissed would you be if you bought a slightly used truck, that had collision repair work done, but "wasn't reported". You are buying a "clean" car fax truck that really is not clean.

It is a double edged sword.

I have been burned by car fax in the past. I dont think it is going away and we all need to just embrace it.

OP
OP
H

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am torn on this....

How pissed would you be if you bought a slightly used truck, that had collision repair work done, but "wasn't reported". You are buying a "clean" car fax truck that really is not clean.

It is a double edged sword.

I have been burned by car fax in the past. I dont think it is going away and we all need to just embrace it.
I get what you're saying, but in my situation, my damage is simple part replacements. There is no structural or paint damage involved. I would understand if they damaged a door or something major.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit happens. Get it fixed and move on. Won’t even matter in 3 yrs.
This is so very true. Several years back, my wife was backing out of the garage to head to work and sideswiped the shit out of my truck. She wakes me up to take a look and as I do so, she starts balling into my shoulder and apologizes profusely. I truly wasn’t even mad at her. Like you said, I got it fixed & moved on! Shit happens….

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Minor damage? I'd take cash and not fix it. Maybe a free taillight if it's broken. Buy a better bumper and don't look back.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, Wait, Wait! Did we come up with a consensus to castrate this kid that probably made a honest mistake or did the mob decide to let him go home to his family and keep his job bumping into things? Just wondering!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait, Wait, Wait! Did we come up with a consensus to castrate this kid that probably made a honest mistake or did the mob decide to let him go home to his family and keep his job bumping into things? Just wondering!
The way I'm reading it, castration, evisceration, and incineration. In that order, with plenty of time at each step for him to appreciate the kindness of the internet.