Dealer cleaning and sterilization

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read the fine print on those Lysol wipes. I did when my wife brought some home. You have to scrub for half of forever for them to work, according to Lysol. I want to say five minutes, but it might have been only two. We gave them away. I suppose they're better than nothing, but they're not a silver bullet. If it was me, I'd drive it home with the windows down at first, and then cracked, park it in the sun, wash my hands, leave it for a couple of hours and call it good.

you mean the mini hand wipe stuff or the actual cleaning wipes? I dunno man you’re dumping bleach & disinfectant & Harsh antimicrobial chemical on a surface I have a hard time believing that ain’t cutting it. The ones I’m talking about are sopping wet when you take em out.

As others said spray whole truck down w/ Lysol let sit in sun

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More likely everyone in Arizona is staying indoors, where the virus spreads more easily. I'm guessing that's why the hot spots are mostly in the southern states ...

That is probably accurate, as it heated up more people are cowering in the AC. People here are wearing masks like they are supposed to and there is signage pretty much everywhere, far better than it was back in May.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The idea that heat kills the virus seems disproven by the current virus spread in AZ. It was 115 degrees in Phoenix this week while I was working down there.

man I’m in MA & unfortunately have been to China a number of times have had “inside track” ahead of time (at least when it comes to the rumor mill lol) from Chinese nationals & those working there I’ve known for decades & do have some trust in. My feeling is such- a majority of the population is going to get or has already gotten this virus.

my personal experience w/ 19 people I know firsthand who have had the virus (neighbors, family, boss, coworkers - not a friend of a friend) - 8 had no symptoms, ZERO nada zip- got tested b/c they had direct exposure to someone else who had it so wanted to be sure. Ages 21-49 (majority in the 21-35 range), 10 had symptoms & were sick, 3 of those 10 were only mildly sick for less than a week, 5 were “really sick” but whether b/c out of fear or lack thereof or simply trying to save hospital beds for more @ risk individuals they recovered @ home- 2 weeks or so. Then 1 person was very sick did spend 3 days in ICU in PA then went back to his vaca home in FL recovered over 3-5 weeks @ home back to full health. That person is my 80 year old boss & I will give y’all 1 guess what medication his private doctor prescribed him during his home recovery, & it was well before it was ever uttered from Trumps month.

the last person of that 10 was an 84 year old grandmother of my wife’s best friend & she did die, but was frail in general.

take it FWIW

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The virus is primarily spread through airborne means. I've had the truck in for service a few times and haven't obsessed about it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you mean the mini hand wipe stuff or the actual cleaning wipes?

Actual cleaning wipes, not for use on hands. Maye there's more than one kind, but the instructions said to scrub and scrub and scrub. I have read that CV is fairly easy to kill on surfaces, so maybe the scrub-a-dub-dub was for killing something more durable, like giardia cysts ... dunno, just mentioning what the instructions said.

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing that I am aware of and I didn't expect them to do anything special, it was frustrating enough having to wear a useless cloth mask.