Dealer cleaning and sterilization

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotcorner17

Reaction score
Just wondering what others experiences are with dealer sanitizing their vehicles after service in wake of Covid. I took my Raptor in for repair of the cam phaser issue. Unfortunately, the mechanic became sick with Covid after disassembling the truck. Poor guy. Still waiting for it to be put back together. When I asked about sanitation the response was "we have Lysol and wipes" Not exactly what I was hoping for. I know many dealerships are offering fogging and ozone but not this Ford dealer. How about match in gas tank? Strange times.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think the best thing you can do is to park it out in the sun for a day. Covid doesn’t like high temps and that will get the entire car hot. Then hit the obvious spots with wipes.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about that. Even maybe a couple days just to be sure. Still would be nice for a chemical clean as well.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about how they cleaned my truck, but I know whatever they use on their loaners makes it smell like an old ***** that's using perfume instead of a shower. It actually stunk up my whole garage because I parked it with the windows all down when I got home! I asked the tech what the hell they used when I picked up my truck, he said, "Whatever we can get our hands on", because of availability issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
I don't know about how they cleaned my truck, but I know whatever they use on their loaners makes it smell like an old ***** that's using perfume instead of a shower. It actually stunk up my whole garage because I parked it with the windows all down when I got home! I asked the tech what the hell they used when I picked up my truck, he said, "Whatever we can get out hands on", because of availability issues.

Hilarious! Maybe techs went to lunch in the loaner with that old *****. Glad I didn't ask for a loaner.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering what others experiences are with dealer sanitizing their vehicles after service in wake of Covid. I took my Raptor in for repair of the cam phaser issue. Unfortunately, the mechanic became sick with Covid after disassembling the truck. Poor guy. Still waiting for it to be put back together. When I asked about sanitation the response was "we have Lysol and wipes" Not exactly what I was hoping for. I know many dealerships are offering fogging and ozone but not this Ford dealer. How about match in gas tank? Strange times.

Lysol and wipes kill the virus, so why would you need more?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lysol and wipes kill the virus, so why would you need more?

Read the fine print on those Lysol wipes. I did when my wife brought some home. You have to scrub for half of forever for them to work, according to Lysol. I want to say five minutes, but it might have been only two. We gave them away. I suppose they're better than nothing, but they're not a silver bullet. If it was me, I'd drive it home with the windows down at first, and then cracked, park it in the sun, wash my hands, leave it for a couple of hours and call it good.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about how they cleaned my truck, but I know whatever they use on their loaners makes it smell like an old ***** that's using perfume instead of a shower. It actually stunk up my whole garage because I parked it with the windows all down when I got home! I asked the tech what the hell they used when I picked up my truck, he said, "Whatever we can get out hands on", because of availability issues.

Did your wife actually buy that sorry-ass story?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wash your hands really well, let the truck sit overnight, maybe spray your own lysol in the cab and seal it up tight. Wash the truck with soap and water, just like you would with your hands. Dont touch your face for the next couple of times you get in and out of your truck. think covid can stay on plastic for 24 hrs depending on which professional you listen too. Be calm and dont panic. Good luck.