Dealer Appraised My Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way prices consistently keep going up AKA new Raptor $76k, you should be fine unless you purchased it with an ADM. My 13 Gen 1 MSRP’d at $58, Now look at what they cost.

Folks wanting a Raptor that won’t touch a New price are looking for a gently used one for a lot less than what a new one cost.

As long as they aren’t produced at the rate of an XLT, Life is good for everyone.

Now let’s Enjoy our Raptor’s!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Regardless, there are going to be a lot of trucks filling up the used market.

Filling up the used market? What does that mean?

The used Raptor market will be however many used Raptors are for sale. There will never be more used Raptors than new Raptors ever produced. If were talking about used F150 market as a whole, still probably only 1 in 10 will be a Raptor, or whatever the ratio is.

The price and market of used Raptors will take care of itself. You're kidding yourself if you think there is not, or will not be, high demand for them, comparatively speaking. Sure it may lose 10k once you trot it off the lot, but I bet after a few years resale value has a much slower decline than most vehicles.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're ignoring volume of production. Once the gen 2 trucks start coming off lease in droves, and trust me there will he a LOT of them, the depreciation will be exponential.

The gen 1 started off as a limited production, niche vehicle. Production ramped up for 13 and 14, but was then discontinued. The gen 2 was a mass produced truck from the start because Ford knew they would sell. They were no longer looked at as niche, they were looked at more as a trim level.

I'm not "ignoring volume of production", the market is ignoring it. Used buyers want a "mass produced" 2017 Gen2 a lot more than they want a "rare" 2014, to the tune of $18,000 more going by typical sale prices of 2017s ($58k) vs 2014s ($40k).

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not "ignoring volume of production", the market is ignoring it. Used buyers want a "mass produced" 2017 Gen2 a lot more than they want a "rare" 2014, to the tune of $18,000 more going by typical sale prices of 2017s ($58k) vs 2014s ($40k).

I disagree, but hey whatever makes you sleep at night.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been called delusional before...in fact I brew beer and named one of my brews "DELUSIONAL INTELLIGENCE"...so,delusional or not...Your calling a Gen1 Shelby Raptor which only 100 per model year were made a MASS produced truck....if so....we should have one of my beers together....
No worries...everyone has their own way of thinking about "value"

Sorry, maybe delusional wasn’t the proper diagnosis. Due to your age, you maybe a good candidate for a drug that just passed the fda made by a company I invested in.

“Acadia's shares perked up today in response to the news that pimavanserin (aka Nuplazid) hit its primary endpoint in a Phase 3 trial known as Harmony. The Harmony trial was designed to evaluate pimavanserin as a treatment for dementia-related psychosis”

Skai

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean trucks in general hold value pretty well no matter the brand (maybe not RAM, LOL).

Just look at wranglers, there are millions of em and they hold their value extremely well.

I sense this is the case with Raptors too, even if they're are more produced they still have very strong resale value no matter the production volume.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, maybe delusional wasn’t the proper diagnosis. Due to your age, you maybe a good candidate for a drug that just passed the fda made by a company I invested in.

“Acadia's shares perked up today in response to the news that pimavanserin (aka Nuplazid) hit its primary endpoint in a Phase 3 trial known as Harmony. The Harmony trial was designed to evaluate pimavanserin as a treatment for dementia-related psychosis”

LMAO...you might be on to something...and all these years I thought I was delusional when it was really that I'm antipsychotic with the onset of Alzheimers...No wonder I get "agitated" every time I drive my Raptor....and here I was thinking you were trying to sell me "little blue pills"...
Yes,I really did have to look it up....LOL

"Pimavanserin, sold under the brand name Nuplazid, is an atypical antipsychotic which is approved for the treatment of Parkinson's disease psychosis and is also being researched for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease psychosis, schizophrenia, agitation, and major depressive disorder"