Dealer Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Will a dealer receive more allocation for 22MY during this year considering COVID?
Excellent question and that we don't know. For 21 they only received one release of allocations, dealers don't know if they will receive more for 22 or not, it is possible but uncertain right now.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Dealers know exactly how many MY22 Raptor allocations they have received and they know how many orders they have placed, knowing how many if any remaining. You need to ask the dealer if they have any remaining allocations. If. they don't it's a crap shoot if they will get anymore and if you will be the one they apply the allocation to. How many are in front of you. Make sure any deposit is fully refundable and take your "order" with a grain of salt if they don't have allocations.

I respect my dealer for only placing orders they have allocations for. For 21 I missed the few allocations they had, they wouldnt take my order until they received more allocations, which was in Oct for 22.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers know exactly how many MY22 Raptor allocations they have received and they know how many orders they have placed, knowing how many if any remaining. You need to ask the dealer if they have any remaining allocations. If. they don't it's a crap shoot if they will get anymore and if you will be the one they apply the allocation to. How many are in front of you. Make sure any deposit is fully refundable and take your "order" with a grain of salt if they don't have allocations.

I respect my dealer for only placing orders they have allocations for. For 21 I missed the few allocations they had, they wouldnt take my order until they received more allocations, which was in Oct for 22.
Thanks. It’s really hard for me to find a dealer selling at MSRP. Perhaps I should ask those charging ADM and see if they have any allocations. Otherwise I would go with Limited or wait for a Lightning.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks. It’s really hard for me to find a dealer selling at MSRP. Perhaps I should ask those charging ADM and see if they have any allocations. Otherwise I would go with Limited or wait for a Lightning.
Allocations were released the first week in October 21', for MY22. Allocations are based on size of dealer, volume of sales, etc. My dealer is a decent size and only received 11 MY22 allocations. At this point you are going to have a hard time finding a dealer with remaining allocations to place an order. Even dealers charging ADM are taking orders w/o allocations. I do not recommend paying ADM, I personally will not but understand you may have to, if you do only do it for an in stock truck either on the lot or inbound already built. Don't pay an ADM and wait indefinately...

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
I think I am tapping out and going white flag on this quest. No way I am paying a dime over MSRP, let alone $25K as one dealer just offered for May delivery. The only reason a dealer can tack on an ADM is there are people willing to pay it. Maybe so, but not me. Good luck to all. Never had more trouble giving someone $80K than this. And for the record, I have purchased two vehicles recently during the Pandemic, both much more expensive than the F150 Raptor and both were BELOW MSRP. Seacrest OUT!

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I am tapping out and going white flag on this quest. No way I am paying a dime over MSRP, let alone $25K as one dealer just offered for May delivery. The only reason a dealer can tack on an ADM is there are people willing to pay it. Maybe so, but not me. Good luck to all. Never had more trouble giving someone $80K than this. And for the record, I have purchased two vehicles recently during the Pandemic, both much more expensive than the F150 Raptor and both were BELOW MSRP. Seacrest OUT!

So you signed up and created a new account on this forum just yesterday, to make one and only one post, that you are out? I admire your drive and effort to make a point.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford may have already or intends to pull allocations that dealers had/have regardless if an order is placed due to constraint issues.

They are going to produce XL's and XLT's which is 51% of F-150 sales which also represent 70% give or take of Ford's total sales. XLT equipped w/302a packages will result in a longer wait period from order to delivery. Jim Farley is an excellent and very intelligent CEO; nobody could have predicted the supply chain disruptions however IMO I would have delayed the release of any new models or trim packages until backlogs were caught up.

No new Maverick orders for 2022.
No new Bronco orders for 2022. (Wait time is currently 18 months)
Multiple options have been removed or put on indefinite restraint
Multiple parts are requiring Ford to contact the dealer/customer to authorize certain parts be omitted or risk delay or cancellation of order due to inability to produce.