Dealer Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt Raptor R will come out this year.
Even IF it does, look at the mess it is trying to get a 35 Raptor, let alone a 37pp. The R will only be obtainable by the select few with very very deep pockets and relationships with Ford/dealer.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even IF it does, look at the mess it is trying to get a 35 Raptor, let alone a 37pp. The R will only be obtainable by the select few with very very deep pockets and relationships with Ford/dealer.
I agree! If 35/37 raptors are selling for 120k/130k…I bet the R will be 150k+! At that point, I would buy a exotic car that point lol

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree! If 35/37 raptors are selling for 120k/130k…I bet the R will be 150k+! At that point, I would buy a exotic car that point lol
As long as it’s sold as MSRP I would go with Raptor R. Currently I ordered 35 since 37 requires longer waiting time and the only things attracted me in 37 is its graphics :). But I agree one can buy a descent (though not exotic) Merc or BMW at the same price as Raptor.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks I will double check with my dealer. Live in CA here and ordered with a CO dealer for MSRP pricing. Maybe I can’t work with them offline.
Try to speak directly with the GM, at least the sales manager about their allocations and how many in front of you...

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to speak directly with the GM, at least the sales manager about their allocations and how many in front of you...
Just got reply from the sales saying they have 56 Raptor orders so I assume I’m the 56th, which seems to be not good.

I also placed an order at another dealer with $1000 refundable deposit today. The sales said the waiting time is 3-6 months and hopefully I could get VIN in March. But I haven’t get confirmation email from Ford yet.

A stupid question: Is it ok to use one ID to place multiple orders at multiple dealers? I’m hoping this would increase the chance of the order being picked up.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Just got reply from the sales saying they have 56 Raptor orders so I assume I’m the 56th, which seems to be not good.

I also placed an order at another dealer with $1000 refundable deposit today. The sales said the waiting time is 3-6 months and hopefully I could get VIN in March. But I haven’t get confirmation email from Ford yet.

A stupid question: Is it ok to use one ID to place multiple orders at multiple dealers? I’m hoping this would increase the chance of the order being picked up.
I am not aware of any dealer receiving 56 allocations in MY22. I would find a dealer that actually has allocations and yes they will want your ID as Ford is trying to ensure a "real" buyer is placing the order and not a dealer pretending to be a buyer. Not sure about the motor company getting/seeing your ID at multiple dealers and the ramifications if any on that. Talk to the General Manager and try and get/understand their allocations and your line in them.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not aware of any dealer receiving 56 allocations in MY22. I would find a dealer that actually has allocations and yes they will want your ID as Ford is trying to ensure a "real" buyer is placing the order and not a dealer pretending to be a buyer. Not sure about the motor company getting/seeing your ID at multiple dealers and the ramifications if any on that. Talk to the General Manager and try and get/understand their allocations and your line in them.
No way ur waiting time would be 3-6 months when assuming you are #56. You are looking at rolling into 2023 or possibly longer.
Thank you guys. Seems like I didn’t make it clear. The dealer with 56 orders told me 9 months wait and I’m going to give it up. Another dealer charges me $1000 deposit says 3-6 months. These dealers are not belong to the same auto group. I will check with their manager tomorrow.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys. Seems like I didn’t make it clear. The dealer with 56 orders told me 9 months wait and I’m going to give it up. Another dealer charges me $1000 deposit says 3-6 months. These dealers are not belong to the same auto group. I will check with their manager tomorrow.
Actually my fault. I didn't read ur post correctly! I ordered on 12/28/21 and I hope to get VIN in Feb. Its been a month already. I'm also excited that they are going to add carbon fiber to the shifter too for the MY22

Last edited:

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a dealer receive more allocation for 22MY during this year considering COVID?