Dealer Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
Usually people get their VIN about 1 1/2 months or so. When the 2021 Raptors were ordered, COVP was not common since that program was release mid 2021 (I think). Now, it is known by many dealers. Not sure if this program makes an impact on the whole thing about bypassing allocations and getting priority ordering through COVP rather than waiting for a dealer to get an allocation. For me, its been 3 weeks since I placed my order so we will see if I get VIN soon in the next few weeks.
same dude. Same. Even if you get yours before me for some reason, it'll at least let us shine some light onto if this program even matters.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same exact situation I’m in.

Placed order. Got email from ford. Now just waiting.
Same here. Dealer told me they have allocation and the waiting time is 9 months for 35s and 1 year for 37s. Doubt if they really have allocations since 9 months later order bank for 2023MY would have already open. Also they don’t require a deposit and only told me to inform them if I’d like to cancel the order.

Is it normal to wait for 9 months to get delivery if they do have allocation?

Last edited:

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they don't have an allocation, your order won't be placed. The key is if/when they get another allocation(s) do they apply it to yours or the potential others they also took deposits for. The timeline doesn't even start until they get an allocation and then apply to your order. Many here lost out on 21's in June the same way. It's early in the year so hopefully they get more allocations and apply one to you. I would ensure your deposit is refundable and that you talk to the GM to understand how many may be "in front" of you with the same deal. My dealer would only accept orders for the number of allocations they have, some dealers believe queued orders might somehow get them more allocations.

Can a dealer put unlimited number of orders in unscheduled bank (USOB) even if they don’t have allocation?

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted Ford Performance and Ford Corporate Marketing and asked for clarification; both parties I spoke with referred me back to the dealer. So then I contacted several dealers and they haven't been specifically informed whether its an allocation but most dealers stated they would process as COVP in hopes of it getting picked up if they didn't have an allocation.

So to answer, Ford doesn't know and the dealers doesn't know. Its a magically awesome process that can either be in your favor or cause hemorrhoids & mental anguish.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to wait for 9 months to get delivery if they do have allocation?
Can a dealer put unlimited number of orders in unscheduled bank (USOB) even if they don’t have allocation?
Yes they can. You will be in unscheduled/clean forever until you get an allocation. Umm for the the 9 month delivery might be right coming from the dealer. I ordered on 12/28/21 and my sales rep said I placed my order at the right time because now you have to wait until Q3 or Q4 for delivery. Zone reps manually schedule orders which is BS but it is what it is.

Last edited:

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Yes, that is what many dealers are doing, taking more orders than they will ever get allocations. The orders won't actually get fulfilled until an allocation is assigned to them. Raptor allocations are limited and based on dealership metrics of previous year sales, size of dealer, location, and of course how many the motor company is producing, etc. It is a way to be in the "queue" but no guarantee the dealer is going to get more allocations and worse if they do, how many people have they also taken "orders" from in front of you. My dealer only places Raptor orders that they have an allocation for. Seems the best way not to disappoint customers, just my opinion. For instance, I didn't make it in the allocations (3) my dealer had in 21, they didnt take my order after they ran out, They called me as soon as allocations were coming again, I kept in touch with them, when 22 opened up in oct I jumped on it. They had 11 allocaitons in Oct for 22's. I made sure i was there the day they released them and got my order in. Truck is built and with shipper, should be here anyday but shipping vendor delays now. Another story...

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they can. You will be in unscheduled/clean forever until you get an allocation. Umm for the the 9 month delivery might be right coming from the dealer. I ordered on 12/28/21 and my sales rep said I placed my order at the right time because now you have to wait until Q3 or Q4 for delivery. Zone reps manually schedule orders which is BS but it is what it is.
Thanks. Looks like some ordered on 10/2021 and got delivery in 3 months. But now it would take 9 months. I’m wondering what’s the reason behind this. Hope I could change my order to Raptor R sometime and get it in Q3/4…

If 9 months are indeed the waiting time, does it mean you cannot get it sooner (even with paying markup) unless buying one in stock?

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is what many dealers are doing, taking more orders than they will ever get allocations. The orders won't actually get fulfilled until an allocation is assigned to them. Raptor allocations are limited and based on dealership metrics of previous year sales, size of dealer, location, and of course how many the motor company is producing, etc. It is a way to be in the "queue" but no guarantee the dealer is going to get more allocations and worse if they do, how many people have they also taken "orders" from in front of you. My dealer only places Raptor orders that they have an allocation for. Seems the best way not to disappoint customers, just my opinion. For instance, I didn't make it in the allocations (3) my dealer had in 21, they didnt take my order after they ran out, They called me as soon as allocations were coming again, I kept in touch with them, when 22 opened up in oct I jumped on it. They had 11 allocaitons in Oct for 22's. I made sure i was there the day they released them and got my order in. Truck is built and with shipper, should be here anyday but shipping vendor delays now. Another story...
Thanks I will double check with my dealer. Live in CA here and ordered with a CO dealer for MSRP pricing. Maybe I can’t work with them offline.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like some ordered on 10/2021 and got delivery in 3 months. But now it would take 9 months. I’m wondering what’s the reason behind this. Hope I could change my order to Raptor R sometime and get it in Q3/4…

If 9 months are indeed the waiting time, does it mean you cannot get it sooner (even with paying markup) unless buying one in stock?
I highly doubt Raptor R will come out this year. According to my dealer, I ordered during the perfect time and he said i should get it in 4-5 months…but who knows…times are tough. Thats why I’m not keeping my hopes up lol