Dealer Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EatFreedom

Reaction score
So I have been looking to order a Raptor for a little while now but every dealer I call either had no allocations or wanted at least 10k over MSRP. Maybe I’m just stubborn but something about paying a over MSRP on a truck just doesn’t sit right and I decided not to go that route.

Just when I was about to give up I called a dealer who said they didn’t currently have allocations but that they would take my order and submit it to Ford and when it got pulled they’d do it for MSRP. They are also going to take a 1k deposit which I don’t mind at all.

My question is if this is too good to be true? The dealer seems to have good intentions but if they don’t have an allocation is it likely I’m going to see a truck anytime soon? The sales manager guessed it’d take up to 6 months to get it ordered, built, and arrive on the lot. I don’t mind waiting that long but I also don’t want to be waiting around for nothing obviously. Any advice on whether this sounds like an order that will get made anytime soon is much appreciated!

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
I would just make sure the deposit is refundable. Maybe have them put in writing that after 6 months if no VIN is assigned it gets refunded?

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
I def know the feeling. I ordered mine 12/15ish via the COVP and man, I’m impatient as hell waiting to see if it actually gets built.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
So I have been looking to order a Raptor for a little while now but every dealer I call either had no allocations or wanted at least 10k over MSRP. Maybe I’m just stubborn but something about paying a over MSRP on a truck just doesn’t sit right and I decided not to go that route.

Just when I was about to give up I called a dealer who said they didn’t currently have allocations but that they would take my order and submit it to Ford and when it got pulled they’d do it for MSRP. They are also going to take a 1k deposit which I don’t mind at all.

My question is if this is too good to be true? The dealer seems to have good intentions but if they don’t have an allocation is it likely I’m going to see a truck anytime soon? The sales manager guessed it’d take up to 6 months to get it ordered, built, and arrive on the lot. I don’t mind waiting that long but I also don’t want to be waiting around for nothing obviously. Any advice on whether this sounds like an order that will get made anytime soon is much appreciated!
If they don't have an allocation, your order won't be placed. The key is if/when they get another allocation(s) do they apply it to yours or the potential others they also took deposits for. The timeline doesn't even start until they get an allocation and then apply to your order. Many here lost out on 21's in June the same way. It's early in the year so hopefully they get more allocations and apply one to you. I would ensure your deposit is refundable and that you talk to the GM to understand how many may be "in front" of you with the same deal. My dealer would only accept orders for the number of allocations they have, some dealers believe queued orders might somehow get them more allocations.

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
If they don't have an allocation, your order won't be placed. The key is if/when they get another allocation(s) do they apply it to yours or the potential others they also took deposits for. The timeline doesn't even start until they get an allocation and then apply to your order. Many here lost out on 21's in June the same way. It's early in the year so hopefully they get more allocations and apply one to you. I would ensure your deposit is refundable and that you talk to the GM to understand how many may be "in front" of you with the same deal. My dealer would only accept orders for the number of allocations they have, some dealers believe queued orders might somehow get them more allocations.
I thought COVP orders were different.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to find an official answer on COVP vs Allocations directly from Ford that clearly states information about a Raptor

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually people get their VIN about 1 1/2 months or so. When the 2021 Raptors were ordered, COVP was not common since that program was release mid 2021 (I think). Now, it is known by many dealers. Not sure if this program makes an impact on the whole thing about bypassing allocations and getting priority ordering through COVP rather than waiting for a dealer to get an allocation. For me, its been 3 weeks since I placed my order so we will see if I get VIN soon in the next few weeks.