Dead Pedal Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruce722

Reaction score
I was considering buying a dead pedal from Craven Speed but had a question about the install. I saw that they require drilling into the floor board and mats but I would prefer to not drill if not necessary. Has anyone tried just using the read bracket for support and simply laying the dead pedal on the floor mat without drilling?

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed mine the other day and just used the top mount to secure it. Unless you are going to do some serious off-roading where you want it to be rock solid, using just the top mount seems very solid. That way I did not have to drill into my floor mats, something I did not want to do with winters in Canada, one less spot for melting snow to try and run out of the floor mat.

mike.s

Reaction score
Are there different options for the dead pedal, or just the Craven one?

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There were a couple when I started looking. One like the Craven but a bit bigger, looked like it might have needed to be trimmed to fit so I did not look at it much, forget the make. Others were using older car parts or pedals and mounting them but they required drilling and making brackets, and I did not want to do that. Craven had the best option and it is really a solid unit. Great size and has a bit of grip too. I have only had it in for 2 days but I really like it.

OP
OP
Bruce722

Bruce722

Reaction score
There were a couple when I started looking. One like the Craven but a bit bigger, looked like it might have needed to be trimmed to fit so I did not look at it much, forget the make. Others were using older car parts or pedals and mounting them but they required drilling and making brackets, and I did not want to do that. Craven had the best option and it is really a solid unit. Great size and has a bit of grip too. I have only had it in for 2 days but I really like it.

Thanks a bunch, your responses convinced me. It sounds like you were looking for the exact same thing I am. A well made dead pedal that is big enough (but not too big) and doesn't require any drilling or brackets. I'll be ordering mine soon.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Are there different options for the dead pedal, or just the Craven one?

Wicked Performance used to make one that was very large but the company isn't around any more. There's one floating around that uses a bracket that drills into your parking brake but it is very small and I didn't like the idea of that. The Craven one seems to be the best around for the Raptor but their installation instructions suggest to drill two holes into your mat/floor.

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my Craven dead pedal installed for quite some time now and love it. I only used the top mount and did not screw it in to the floor boards and it hasn't moved even while offloading.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ditto ^^^^^

Especially since the force you are exerting is straight back towards fire wall, mine has always felt solid, even while pounding it off raod

gDMJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deadpedal.jpg
  • drilling required - Yes (3 holes into the emergency brake bracket for self-tapping bolts).
  • need to make a bracket - No (integral to the dead pedal).
  • FoMoCo OEM - 1984-1986 Mustang SVO / 1987-1993 GT / etc. (easily found on ebay for not much $$).
  • easy installation - drill holes and bolt-in.
deadpedalwithspacer.jpg