Dead Gen 2 35k Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So, you do have warranty. I would let them handle as you documented oil issues and low end thump (knock). I would bet the engine is fried, which is not uncommon to the 3.5 eco. Get them to cover, and decide if it’s better to buy extended warranty, or trade and get something else. To me, I would unload asap and buy something completely different that doesn’t have these same repetitive issues.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have drivetrain and ESP to 100k miles. Either way I’ve had problems with Ford and warranties.q
I would ask for the OASiS report on truck or look up the carfax and see if it had issues in the previous life before you bought it. If its a Ford ESP , i never had warranty issues 3 trucks i owned . I only heard of issues with non-ford ESP . I have a really good dealer in my hometown ,service writer and go to mechanic there that does quality work. Hope you get it back quick

Last edited:

metalwhiz

Reaction score
I would ask for the OASiS report on truck or look up the carfax and see if it had issues in the previous life before you bought it. If its a Ford ESP , i never had issues 3 trucks i owned . I only heard of issues with non-ford ESP . I have a really good dealer in my hometown ,service writer and go to mechanic there that does quality work. Hope you get it back quick
Do you mind me asking who your dealer is if in AZ? Thanks!

JCW55110

Reaction score
I would look at the Cam Phasers. I recenlty looked at a 2018 at a lincoln dealership in the east metro of the twin cities. These guys tried to sell me a Raptor told me it had a clean car fax. I didn’t trust this sales person, so I pulled the Carfax myself and the thing was a branded title (lemon law claim) and had been in an accident and had a lot of issues mostly related to the Cam phasers. I pulled out of the purchase and called out their dirty tactics when they tried to bully me on the show room floor. In this market, trust no one. The people in car sales are desperate and not making a lot. That breeds bad behaviors with people that may not have been that way historically.

If you are still in the window… Might be worth buying the extended warranty waiting few days and taking it in for service if it isn’t too long afrer you bought the vehicle. I imagine there is a grace period. Also I am surprised that the vehicle did not come with a 90 day warranty. Sounds like a dirty dealership… good luck bro!

Last edited:
OP
OP
12ozcurls

12ozcurls

Reaction score
I reviewed the car fax. It’s clean. Minnesota law requires a 2 month 2600 mile warranty for this vehicle (based on age). Factory warranty is covering the long block but I also have ESP. What dealership
We’re you dealing with?