Daytime running light markers not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nk21

Reaction score
First time post on here, but I have a 2022 Gen 3 Raptor. Does anyone else have an issues with the daytime running light markers not working when your driving? They work just fine when you unlock and lock the vehicle. But when I’m driving during the day, the only daylight running lights that are on are the ones in the main light bezels. Arent the side markers and grill markers suppose to be on as well? I see pictures and videos of gen 3 trucks and all the markers and DLR are on while driving. Looked in the settings and can’t find anything regarding the markers. My lights are set on auto and my daytime running lights setting is turned on. Can anyone help? Thx

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DRL’s are only in the main headlight housing. Nothing else is lite up, many people put on their parking lights for pictures.

You can make the front 3 parking lights light up with DRL’s by using forscan.

OP
OP
N

Nk21

Reaction score
The DRL’s are only in the main headlight housing. Nothing else is lite up, many people put on their parking lights for pictures.

You can make the front 3 parking lights light up with DRL’s by using forscan.
Thank you for the clarification. This is my first Raptor and I was thinking I was crazy. What’s the deal with this forscan? I keep seeing it around but not sure what it is or used for? It is just a scanner type device that plugs into the ECU to change stuff?

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Software that you can download and try for free, basically enables or disables features on your truck. YouTube it, plenty of info there

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First time post on here, but I have a 2022 Gen 3 Raptor. Does anyone else have an issues with the daytime running light markers not working when your driving? They work just fine when you unlock and lock the vehicle. But when I’m driving during the day, the only daylight running lights that are on are the ones in the main light bezels. Arent the side markers and grill markers suppose to be on as well? I see pictures and videos of gen 3 trucks and all the markers and DLR are on while driving. Looked in the settings and can’t find anything regarding the markers. My lights are set on auto and my daytime running lights setting is turned on. Can anyone help? Thx
Here you go…read through this thread. Post #9 (3rd code down) is what you’ll need to change if you want those markers on in addition to your DRLs.

As @WTX mentioned, you’ll need to download the Forscan software to your laptop so go here… https://forscan.org/download.html. This site will also list the scanner you’ll need (preferably the one that switches automatically between CAN buses)

Once downloaded, you can opt for the free 2-months license or purchase the 1-year license.

Now go get this stuff and have fun! :Big Laugh:

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. You can not turn on your parking lights and have your embers and side markers on while driving? If , so this is crap ford. My 17 does this just fine..

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. You can not turn on your parking lights and have your embers and side markers on while driving? If , so this is crap ford. My 17 does this just fine..
You can. The OP is referring to regular DRL and not setting the light switch to parking mode. Using forscan you can enable the parking lights as DRL. Same as gen2.