day 1 - 2020 SCrew - 12 MPG hwy ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mmm

Reaction score
My truck says I get about 13. 2020 leveled out I always run 92. Gets 13 towing my boat as well.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFD10BBF-813B-4044-B4F4-6969E8AA68CC.jpeg
Driving into a stiff headwind. Cruise set around 85. MPG shows 13.6. Actual likely 12.5 or thereabouts.

This was with stock wheels and tires.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
keep in mind the trip was 12 hours, almost 5 hours behind the wheel each way and was dog *** tired, so forgive the tone of my inquiry, but yes put a whole tank, "25 miles to go" warning and all

also, thanks, ive read up and see that i was confused between roush and "ford performance" parts, etc.

tires are at 40psi
doesnt seem to be additional lift
i think i was expecting more in line of what you give as examples. its not the mpg per se, more so im concerned i bought a truck with something wrong with it; just changed to high flow filter today, was getting 14-16 today around town and light state hwy driving

Yeah, we’ve all had days like that. I get around 15 and change locally, but way better when there’s less lower speed, in town driving.
I believe that over the long haul you’ll see a good average economy, but it’s a truck and not exactly svelte.

Good news: to validate your fuel economy, you’ll have to drive more :cool:

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Make sure to go in advanced menu and make sure its not calculating for towing. You can also fill up and disconnect battery. It will clear it up and start a new average based on your driving characteristics.

OP
OP
T

tone2020

Reaction score
Yeah, we’ve all had days like that. I get around 15 and change locally, but way better when there’s less lower speed, in town driving.
I believe that over the long haul you’ll see a good average economy, but it’s a truck and not exactly svelte.

Good news: to validate your fuel economy, you’ll have to drive more :cool:
Its a beauty to drive man - LOVE this truck

OP
OP
T

tone2020

Reaction score
If anyone pops back in:

The k&n drop in replacement coupled w/ 91 octane INSTANTLY made a mpg difference of +2.5 mpg interstate and in town!! I wonder if prev owner had something similar in there previously.

Ill be doing the disconnect negative battery terminal process tonight after dinner as well.

I cannot get over how thick and cheap looking the filter from the ford dealer was. I would think that SVT / ford performance would require dealers to use at least a “performance” level disposable filter when handling these cars.

I keep finding excuses to run out and do errands just to drive this truck :)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Remember, the Raptor is a high performance Ford truck. First and foremost, it’s a truck, then it’s a Raptor so yeah, it’s got a truck filter.

Just wait until you start finding excuses to do Raptor things in your Raptor. One day a year or so back, utility crew shut down one side of US1 about a dozen vehicles in front. I couldn’t make the turn lane to turn around. Buuuuuuuuutttt I could just climb over the 9 or 10 inch elevated curb, turn around and get home the back way, much to my wife’s chagrin. To which I quipped: “Raptor privilege”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free