Dash mat anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With my wife getting a 12’ long arm quilting machine and putting it in my man cave, her now she shed, my truck is outside. Been thinking about getting a dash mat to protect the dash from sun but they kinda all look gay. Anyone here have one? Which one?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
something like this, maybe?
View attachment 313943
^This one gets my vote, it looks like it even comes with 8 tracks!!!

If it's going to be out a lot, I would get ceramic tint put on all the windows. It blocks the majority of the UV and keeps it a lot cooler.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just put a sunshade up when it's parked, protecting the dash and seats...like everyone else does?

I've never even seen any dash mat for the F150, much less seen one that looks good. The dash is way too uneven to have a single piece lay on it, I would guess. I have heard of people using a vinyl wrap on the plastic of the dash, with some good results. That's going to a custom job though.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get your wife to make a quilt and use that for a desk mat. Win - win.

wow, you r an f’in genius and I mean that kindly. She’s made custom door pockets for me and custom covers for my subwoofers and speakers and I didn’t even think of that.
But I also didn’t think of the sunshade mentioned above and I already have one. Duh. Ty.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wow, you r an f’in genius and I mean that kindly. She’s made custom door pockets for me and custom covers for my subwoofers and speakers and I didn’t even think of that.
But I also didn’t think of the sunshade mentioned above and I already have one. Duh. Ty.

Out of curiosity, how are the covers for speakers attached? Any pics to share?

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will post when I get home. Was just looking at the Sasquatch.