Dash cluster cover rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparty99

Reaction score
I’ve scoured this site with no luck in finding any solution to the dreaded cluster cover rattle. Sounds like you can just pull the cover off but before I do I wanted to see if anyone was successful in fixing this problem. I know my dash cover is loose bc I can stop the noise by just laying my hand in it. Now I just need to know how to tighten it back up. Looking for the fix if anyone has it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hawksphan

Reaction score
I’ve scoured this site with no luck in finding any solution to the dreaded cluster cover rattle. Sounds like you can just pull the cover off but before I do I wanted to see if anyone was successful in fixing this problem. I know my dash cover is loose bc I can stop the noise by just laying my hand in it. Now I just need to know how to tighten it back up. Looking for the fix if anyone has it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Any updates on this? I have the same noise. Apologies for trying to revive this post...

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't had rattle issues, but I did have to mess with the actual gauges. The cover is just held on by a couple screws. Look kinda above the gauges and you should see them in two recesses.

hawksphan

Reaction score
Update: A few weeks ago I took off my plastic gauge cluster bezel and added small pieces of electrical tape to all of the plastic clips and mounting locations. I was careful to make sure not to affect how any of them operate. So far the rattle has gone away completely. As it has been getting colder it would have gotten worse, but so far so good with this DIY fix. Luckily none of the tape is visible from the outside when the bezel is installed back in, so I am happy with my fix.