Dash Cams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2 channel Thinkware Dash cam in one of my cars that I am going to move into the Raptor. For those that don't know 2 channel just means front and rear. Anyway, the rear camera has a cable that plugs into the front camera, easy enough for that. The front camera needs to be wired to constant power for one wire, and one wire that is hot when the truck is on and not when it's off. This will tell the camera when to enter parking mode.

Any info of how people have wired something like this in the Raptor would be much appreciated.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I just did this for my go pro but, did not need constant power.

I popped the overhead console and snagged ignition power from the 4 wire plug directly over the rear slider switch. console pops off like any other F150, best to use a fat blade metal putty knife or body trim puller (better). I don’t have pics, but on that 4 wire harness it’s an inside wire that is hot with ignition, outside wire next to it is ground.

In a previous thread, I believe it was ‘hardwiring a radar detector’ someone opined that the mirror power shuts off with auto stop / start. Apologies, I did not check all the harnesses, and wasn’t looking for constant power. I think there was another thread where someone used a fuse tap and ran a wire to the fuse box.

flzrider

Reaction score
I have a Mini 0906 2 channel dash cam in my Raptor. I bought an add-a-circuit kit on amazon (make sure it is micro2 size) and used a digital multimeter to find a switched power source in the fuse panel in the passenger footwell. I can’t recall the fuse position I ended up using but I do recall seeing some discrepancies between the manual and what I saw in person. I removed the a-pillar (very simple, just two bolts near the handle) and ran the power wire up the a-pillar behind the airbag. Then tucked the cable under the headliner and down to the camera. It came out great.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2 channel Thinkware Dash cam in one of my cars that I am going to move into the Raptor. For those that don't know 2 channel just means front and rear. Anyway, the rear camera has a cable that plugs into the front camera, easy enough for that. The front camera needs to be wired to constant power for one wire, and one wire that is hot when the truck is on and not when it's off. This will tell the camera when to enter parking mode.

Any info of how people have wired something like this in the Raptor would be much appreciated.

There's a fuse box on the passenger side just behind the door. Some fuses are constant, some are on when the car is in accessory mode. Just tap into which ever you need. I used one of these for mine

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...lder-micro2-add-a-circuit/fhm20200zpa/4414324

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a BlackVue DR6502CH. This was my solution:
Got a Power Magic Pro. Tapped into the Horn fuse as that is an always hot source into the PMP. Followed the pass through wires from the engine bay back into the passenger kick out panel. Used Aux 6 for PMP switched source.

Now the dash cam stays on even with truck off. The Power Magic Pro is supposed to detect battery getting too low and shuts off the camera in those situations. I think it works too well, meaning it turns the camera off after about ~36 hours of truck off battery time.