Dash camera and Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so today I went to back out of my drive way and the back up sensor was beeping and nothing was behind me. So when I checked it out my tail gate was folded down and it looks like someone tried to pull off the plastic tailgate piece that says FORD raptor. I snapped it back in but im assuming they didn't shut the tailgate because they didn't want to make noise. I have cameras all around my house and all my neighbors have them as well and we are going through everything. Any way im trying to figure out the best Dash cam for the front and back and the best alarm system. any input is awesome. thanks for reading.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we use blackvue at our shop for dash cams. as far as alarm systems, any alarm system will work, but you need to add a magnetic switch on the tailgate so when opened, triggers the alarm. i have the viper 5906 with gps so i get instant notifications on my phone if my alarm was set off. a couple months ago i was in dallas airport waiting for connecting flight and i got a notification on my phone that my alarm went off. called a friend of mine back here in ca and he drove by my truck which was parked outside our shop. sure enough, people were there assessing the damage to their car. thanks to my aftermarket bumpers, i took no damage, but the little sedan that backed into it, needed a new trunk lid, bumper and tailight. they werent going to leave a note either..... a pin on the tailgate monitors it so if opened will set off the alarm

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Vue will give you two channel video and with power magic pro you can toggle a switch to let the camera's run as long as the battery stays above a certain voltage.

Lots of other options as well, as I'm sure others will attest.