Dash Cam Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Bingman

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for a good dash cam? I need something that's simple to install and use.
Also what's a good mount for an Accessport?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like Thinkware. I have the front/rear Q800 pro. It does well at recording parking events, doesn’t kill the battery and is easy to configure and use. Picture quality is very good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my Owl Cam. Front and back recording, plus cellular connection and live alerts. Monitors your car while parked. Downside is it runs on OBDII, so you can't run the AccessPort at the same time (but do you really need to? I don't). Upside is it remains powered when you're parked.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like my Owl Cam. Front and back recording, plus cellular connection and live alerts. Monitors your car while parked. Downside is it runs on OBDII, so you can't run the AccessPort at the same time (but do you really need to? I don't). Upside is it remains powered when you're parked.
You don't need OBD port to have the camera powered when parked...

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm rocking the Road Scout by Cobra. It's mostly aimed towards radar/laser detecting enthusiasts but it also comes built in with a 1080p dashcam. Been using it for awhile and it works great except the device needs to be turned on for recordings to happen.

Paul Hamilton

SICK DAYS
Reaction score
I went with IROAD. Like it. Easy to use with phone. Adjustable camera for front and back and the price is reasonable. I am sure there are better out there but this has been nice and good camera quality