Dash Cam and Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering picking up a dash cam for my '19 Rap since I got it. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but came across a review article on Ars the other day that I found pretty useful.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/06/guidemaster-the-best-dash-cams-to-guard-your-every-drive/

My hesitation in getting one is that I like my interior clean and clutter-free. So the idea of a cord hanging down the windshield or running across the dashboard is a deal-breaker for me. Does anyone have suggestions or photos into a clean dash cam setup? Ideally, having one behind or below the rear view mirror and wired into the overhead controls would be great.

Any insight is appreciated!

Pausekey

Reaction score
Mine is placed closed to my rearview mirror, the cord runs along the passenger visor, so that when the visor is up it holds it in place. It droops a bit with the visor down but not much. Tell your passengers to wear sunglasses or shut their eyes. From there you have two options, either use cord clip organizers and tuck the flat ends under the rubber lip of the door sill, or actually pull up the seal and tuck the cord in. The seal comes up easily and clicks nicely back into place. Then I tucked mine under the passenger mat and across to the outlet.

Lonestar608

Reaction score
I wired mine behind the rear view mirror on the passenger side. Power cable under the headliner, down the a pillar, into the passenger footwell fuse box for power. I ran the rear camera cable across the driver side headliner, across the driver side roof, then popped out of the C pillar to reach the rear camera. The only exposed wires are at the camera (less than 6 inches long) and everything else is tucked into the headliner or behind pillar trim.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran my wires across the headliner, down the passenger A pillar and found a fuse that was hot in accessory mode, used a piggy back fuse holder and tapped into it.

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the way lens secure 360 and I love it so far it records front and back (so inside the cab as well, it’s great for showing my kids how they are being ********)
I ran the wire between the dash and windshield to the fuse box where I used fuse taps, you can’t even see it.

8685370dbe6b460c1872b84dac1a02f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muhockey2003

Reaction score
Do you like the secure 360 waylen? I was thinking about getting that. Is it hooked up with the internet? I want one that is motion and not a fortune per month.

ZAGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the blackvue DR900 2CH and wired it all with blackvue magic pro ...looks neat and clean

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you like the secure 360 waylen? I was thinking about getting that. Is it hooked up with the internet? I want one that is motion and not a fortune per month.

I just have the WiFi version so I do not have alerts sent to my phone I’m not sure how much the service is per month for the LTE version. It does however tell me when I start my truck if an even occurred while parked.

I do like it overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk