Dang Deer found me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, with labor and paint it will no doubt be a few grand. Kinda regretting the $1000 deductible now. That's 2 grand in two years now for the hail and this. But have not had a claim prior to last year in over 20 years. Hopefully I am in the clear now.
$250 is the way to go

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup never saw it at all, just heard the bang and the saw brown fur. Stupid fur missles. Same thing happened to my Dakota r/t 20+ years ago. Atheist it missed the front. Tons of expensive parts up there.
That's a bitch. When I was 18 I was out in my '65 Plymouth Fury, and in the middle of the afternoon a doe jumped a split rail fence and ran into the side of my car. I saw her coming and had already stopped when she hit me. She spun around and ran into the fence, turned around and hit my car a SECOND time, stood there for about 30 seconds and then jumped the fence and ran off. I had zero damage to my car. Those old cars had some tough bodywork!

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hitting, or being hit by, an animal is the only claim insurance companies do not hold against you, thankfully. I hit one in a BMW 3 series many moons ago, ran in front of me as I was doing 60. My daughter screamed as it went flying like a missile into a snow bank.

Yesterday as I drive about 225 mile rt to PA to pick up my CCW at the Wayne County Sheriff, I couldn’t help but notice how much roadkill there was. Must be the season for it. At one point a bambi, tiny one, was on side of the road and I immediate slowed, turned on my hazards as a huge dump truck was behind me. I wanted to get out and take it home. Lol.
sorry bout ur truck, man.

OP
OP
tabvette

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a bitch. When I was 18 I was out in my '65 Plymouth Fury, and in the middle of the afternoon a doe jumped a split rail fence and ran into the side of my car. I had already stopped when she hit me. She spun around and ran into the fence, turned around and hit my car a SECOND time, stood there for about 30 seconds and then jumped the fence and ran off. I had zero damage to my car. Those old cars had some tough bodywork!
That is nearly the same as what happened to my Dakota R/T. Ran into the road. I stopped and missed it, it does a 180 and runs off. I start going again and it does another 180 and runs right into the side of the truck. Craziest thing I have ever witnessed. Thought I was in the clear. Nope.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That's a bitch. When I was 18 I was out in my '65 Plymouth Fury, and in the middle of the afternoon a doe jumped a split rail fence and ran into the side of my car. I had already stopped when she hit me. She spun around and ran into the fence, turned around and hit my car a SECOND time, stood there for about 30 seconds and then jumped the fence and ran off. I had zero damage to my car. Those old cars had some tough bodywork!
I had a 442 when I was younger. While it was down for a LOT of work, I picked up a beater, ’71 Olds 98. Every bit as long as the Rap, maybe more. It was not pretty, but it ran like a top. One night I’m doing a telco run (to a trunk site to pick up tapes), cruising the Capital Beltway near the Cabin John Bridge, middle lane, inner loop about 60 mph.

Like a slow mo video, probably one of the biggest white tail does bounds from the outer loop lanes, over the concrete dividers + the green privacy pylons, lands, takes her last step before we behead her at speed. I didn’t even have time to move the wheel, maybe I got my foot to the brake but that was it.

She took out the left headlight nacelle, busted the ‘glass, bent the radiator mount and broke the radiator. I ended up scavenging the powertrain.
Deer was pulverized by a tractor trailer behind me.

I miss that car.

Geico says 2800 so far. I am gonna guess closer to 4 the more I am looking at it.
Geico. That’s too bad. I still remember them denying coverage to my mother, who was rear ended by a drunk, geico insured driver. They settled one day before court about a year later. Never again.