Damper modes differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray0409

Reaction score
I have a 2021 f150 35 raptor. I wonder if I should feel the differences between the 3 damper modes on street. I have tried all 3 modes on the same rough road, but did not feel any difference. Besides, the damper seems to be softer than 37 raptors: my 35 raptor tilts a lot on corners while the 37 raptor feels firm on corners and does not tilt much. Is it normal? Thanks in advance!

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only say that the difference in mine is very noticeable on curvy, mountain roads. Sport mode for those passes is a godsend around here.

Off-road definitely works well on gravel or FS roads. So yeah, it’s pretty noticeable in my 21 with 35s.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 f150 35 raptor. I wonder if I should feel the differences between the 3 damper modes on street. I have tried all 3 modes on the same rough road, but did not feel any difference. Besides, the damper seems to be softer than 37 raptors: my 35 raptor tilts a lot on corners while the 37 raptor feels firm on corners and does not tilt much. Is it normal? Thanks in advance!
What are you running for tire pressure?

OP
OP
R

ray0409

Reaction score
I can only say that the difference in mine is very noticeable on curvy, mountain roads. Sport mode for those passes is a godsend around here.

Off-road definitely works well on gravel or FS roads. So yeah, it’s pretty noticeable in my 21 with 35s.
Thanks for sharing! I have also driven on curvy mountain roads and tried different modes. There were not any differences. I should probably go to a dealership to check it out.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I was mislead by the dealer. I specifically asked if the tire pressure was too high and he told me it was fine. Thanks for the info!
look at the sticker on drivers side door jmbs it states 38 psi cold