Damage when RPG 1.5” Collars installed. Is this worth escalating with the installer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be concerned with moisture getting under the coating through the areas that were damaged and causing corrosion long-term. It appears they used an incompatible spring compressor that caused the arms to slip/move during service.

Here’s the warning in the Workshop Manual:

NOTICE: When installing a suitable spring compressor, use care not to damage the spring coating.

Here’s the recommended tool:

1653671308200.jpeg

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be concerned with moisture getting under the coating through the areas that were damaged and causing corrosion long-term. It appears they used an incompatible spring compressor that caused the arms to slip/move during service.

Here’s the warning in the Workshop Manual:

NOTICE: When installing a suitable spring compressor, use care not to damage the spring coating.

Here’s the recommended tool:

View attachment 356401
Do they list a recommended brand/model number?

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my dealer put my Geisers on and they ended up using there heaviest duty spring compressor due to how stiff the Geisers were and I had no damage at all but the tech did say they had a hell of a time getting the new ones on but probably because they took their time and had a heavier duty spring compressor at their disposal, which is why I had them do it instead of using a rented/borrowed spring compressor. If it was me I would talk to the shop about possible repair considerations. Good luck.