Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Dakar Rally 2017 Jan 2-14

Discussion in 'FRF Sports Bar' started by Otis857, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Otis857

Otis857 Full Access Member

As a guy who worked on big trucks all my life, I am in awe of how hard they drive them. When you see the in Truck cameras, they do take a real pounding inside the cabs. In 2004, I had a pool going with my inlaws and I picked Vladimer Chagin for the truck class to win - He did! I picked Peterhansel in the cars and Nani Roma on bikes and got a clean sweep in the family pool that year. they got their money back in a Nascar pool, but I wasnt that interested. After all, it was just roundy round cars.

I've been a Dakar fan for a long time now!

2. Otis857

Otis857 Full Access Member

And they're off!!

In the car class, Nasser took day 1, no surprise there, but Spaniard Xavier Pons took 2nd in a FORD! Their truck looks more like the redesigned Ranger than a Raptor, but he's off to a good start.

Ricky Brabec is the lone American in the Dakar this year and off to good start with a 2nd place finish in Day 1. And while this first day is more of a shake out and celebratory day, it does take out some competitors right off the bat. Good start Ricky!

While this is not up to date with today actually starting day 3, tV coverage is 1 day behind and much more fun to watch than just checking the computer for the results. But I do miss the days when they had 1 hour coverage (sometimes longer specials) over the current basic recaps of 1/2 hour per day. Its better than nothing, yet falls short for those of us who really enjoy the journey.