GEN 1 Daily Driving with Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the Jdm tune as well, but I have only had it during the cold weather. Mpg may go up a bit with warmer weather and no more morning remote starts burning gas while going nowhere.

perry

Reaction score
2012, whipple, daily driver since new, blower went on ~4 months after purchase. When driven apples to apples, on road, in a legal fashion I don’t think the fuel consumption is significantly different pre/post forced induction. If you drive it like you stole it, yes it burns significantly more than naturally aspirated. I get 12-13 around town and kiss 15 on long trips at 55-65 mph. Similar issues w belt shredding and what I’d call violent 1-2, 2-3 shifts when on dry roads and hooked up. I think it is a Force tune, running ~12 psi boost and no less than 91 octane. Im geographically challenged so control the belt shredding with my gas pedal but might some day investigate a different tune. I wouldn’t call the truck in original form underpowered but it certainly is a whole different animal now. I can’t imagine ever going back. Best money I’ve spent other than lasic and divorce.

SVTWillis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I average 12.5 to 13 overall gas mileage in my 2014 Roush with JDM tune. Best upgrade was the JDM tune. Much better shifts and overall drivability. I drive 50 miles round trip Monday through Friday. Usually costs about $140-$150 a week for gas now.

BB427

Reaction score
2013 Roush Stage II, 44K miles, averaging12.2 mpg combined city/highway. Premium fuel, of course.
If you stay out of the boost, the supercharger doesn't really draw any power and economy is on par with a naturally aspirated Raptor. If you have a heavy foot, your mileage may vary.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like everyone has stated, if you are beating the pissoutofit you wont win any MPG records, but the tune makes a big difference. I had a 14 factory Roush that got better mileage as soon as I ditched the Roush tune and went JDM. in 120,000 miles the lifetime milage was 11.7 which is better than my naturally aspirated 2011.