GEN 1 Daily Driving with Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HK92

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone here daily drives their supercharged Gen 1...

How much do you guys spend every month on gas?

I daily my Raptor, and I'm considering supercharging it. Obviously, one of my concerns is the cost of pumping premium fuel into it along with the reduced MPG. Most of my driving is in the city, and I'm already at around 9 MPG most of the time. On the highway, I can get around 13 MPG.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At that rate you may as well supercharge it, I think the gas mileage will even out with the higher octane if you’re using 87 now. Just the increase in fuel type costs , but you’ll enjoy it more im guessing.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prior to the big blowout, I was getting 10MPG pretty much everywhere with a Procharger. Uphill, downhill, pulling, highway. Plus, it's fun

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it.
I'm curious if anyone here daily drives their supercharged Gen 1...

How much do you guys spend every month on gas?

I daily my Raptor, and I'm considering supercharging it. Obviously, one of my concerns is the cost of pumping premium fuel into it along with the reduced MPG. Most of my driving is in the city, and I'm already at around 9 MPG most of the time. On the highway, I can get around 13 MPG.

I’m just shy of 150k, all supercharged (Roush Stage II). No issues. I made a 600 mile round trip last weekend, 68mph, all interstate or four lane highway and still had an indicated 30 miles to empty before filling up when returning in our town.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep a spare serpentine belt. The only issues I have ever had with my truck were on the previous tune from Roush where the 1-2 and 2-3 shift was extraordinarily harsh. It would jump the belt or rip the tensioner arm off altogether, I kid you not. It would occur any time a high torque high traction in 4wd high would occur on the 1-2 shift. Three failures in I ended up getting ahold of JDM and VMP and both told me it’s a matter of two issues:
1) the Roush tune being too harsh on the shift
2) the pulley configuration on the 2013 Roush Raptors (which was changed for 2014). VMP suggested removing a ribbed idler pulley that did not exist in the 2014 setup and I went down 4mm in pulley length from what I recall.

50k+ miles later and I have yet to have that situation happen again. Roush was of no help. After showing them the carnage in pics via email to their customer service and then tech rep, they offered to supply me a FEAD guard at $150. Bandaid for bad design and tuning. I was disappointed. Quite to the contrary, VMP (and JDM, though I ultimately went with VMP due to prior purchases with them) were very helpful, and it didn’t bandaid the symptom, it resolved the problems.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I average about 11.5 mostly rural roads and city driving. If you are at 9 city now no idea where you would end up mpg wise.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not necessarily. LA traffic is horrible. Glad I am not longer living there driving a flat bed tow truck with a manual transmission. You have to plan on it taking about 2 hours to go anywhere, minimum. And that was 17 years ago.