Daily driver roush raptor anyone???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVToney

Reaction score
Lucky! I flew out to Nashville, Tn a few months ago to pick one up. When I got to the dealership it was obvious the truck had been abused so I had to pass. Fingers crossed I find another one that's closer to La; as I don't want to get burned on the price of a plain ticket again lol.

Viccern

Reaction score
If I would have to buy traction bars again I would definitely go with RPG!!!

I installed SVC Traction Bar kit a few months back... I've had issues with popping noise since and i'ts driving me nuts. First I discovered the shop didn't put the factory U Bolt Brackets back on because they thought the traction bar brackets were replacements rather than added to the factory setup. Then I got that corrected and have still had popping noise... I got under the truck myself and muscled everything to torque spec, but it still binds/pops at slow speed, especially when backing into the garage. I'm not sure if it's the bar or the U Bolt bracket on the axle.... :(

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can only suggest that before you torque everything up, the full weight of the truck needs to be on the springs.
Also, I spray my leaf sprig packs with wire rope lube used for crane cables. It repeals water and dirt build up.
Or something like motorcycle chain lube.
Do not use any kind of lubricant like WD-40!!!! It's garbage as a lubricant.
Or white lithium spray as that attracts dirt.

Which spring packs do you have Deavers or Icons? Just curious, it really doesn't matter which one there are both great.

Viccern

Reaction score
I can only suggest that before you torque everything up, the full weight of the truck needs to be on the springs.
Also, I spray my leaf sprig packs with wire rope lube used for crane cables. It repeals water and dirt build up.
Or something like motorcycle chain lube.
Do not use any kind of lubricant like WD-40!!!! It's garbage as a lubricant.
Or white lithium spray as that attracts dirt.

Which spring packs do you have Deavers or Icons? Just curious, it really doesn't matter which one there are both great.
Deavers +2 at stock height. Also put the SDHQ bump pads on there, but kept the factory bumpers up top. SVC Traction bars are installed on it now as well. I had Texas Shock Works send me rebuilt Front/Rear Shocks and the front is now set at mid perch. SVC Tie Rods are on the front now as well, but to be honest I don't really trust that installation completely either. I didn't seem to get the improved feeling everyone else talked about and now I almost feel like there's a bearing or bushing going bad somewhere... it feels like the ride is 'rougher' up front all of a sudden... then again, I'm one of those guys that's super paranoid, and once I feel like I feel or hear something, I listen for it and wait to feel it every time I'm in the truck until I'm confident it's fully resolved... :insane:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes mid-prech will make the ride slightly stiffer, new shocks will be stiffer for a few hundred miles as well.
I never liked the boat like feeling of a stock Raptor, so for me any mods to increase stiffer ride and sway control is a big plus.
Are you airing down the tires to 40 psi. at least.
Now if you have a Tune and the SCT handheld Tuning device you can air down to 38 psi in the front and 34 psi in the rear.
That is what I find to be the sweat spot for road travel.

Last edited: