Daily driven Raptor any worries for R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I love my current Raptor and it’s a daily driven one; put in order for the R. Anyone have info from the Shelby people on how the predator engine holds up? Longevity? Etc. I have faith in Ford and all the testing they do so I think it will be ok! Any info appreciated

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aside from fuel and brake pad consumption, they are solid. I don’t think you’d have any issues daily driving one if you want.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect any additional worries out of the norm. Everything in the R has been proven elsewhere for the most part.

Long term I am curious on the reliability of the 5.2 vs the TRX motor. I'm sure both will die because of electronic failures before mechanical issues anyway.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve put around 10,000 miles on my GT500 the last few years with no problems. It does need a longer warm up when it’s colder. It also takes over 11 quarts of oil in the predator engine.

OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I keep Raptor in garage so winter startups not to harsh but will definitely baby it in the beginning

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine with the block heater. Figured it'll help in the winter with what will likely be a longer warm up time w/ 11 quarts of oil.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a GT500 5.2 seems solid to me. The only area I am not sure about is the transmission. I have a 10-speed in my 2017 and I hope the R will get a better version of it.